We (Hirago) are working with a top MEP company in Grand Cayman.
They need to hire a service electrician in Grand Cayman.
Below are details of this position:
The applicant should be a certified journeyman or master electrician from a recognized institution having a minimum of six to eight years’ experience in high end commercial and residential installations. Keen diagnostic skills are required together with the ability to read and interpret drawings, organize and manage work crews. A thorough working knowledge of electrical codes is required. Applicants are required to be highly computer literate, participate in estimating and tender proposals, research materials and offer technical support to the administrative team whenever necessary. This position is service oriented and require applicants who are capable of working on their own initiative, have a current driver’s license, prepared to work unsocial hours and share in our on-call schedule.
1. Start date as soon as possible but dependent on successful bids
2. Are benefits included? Yes. (1) Health insurance with worldwide coverage including health/dental/vision under internationally recognized provider, Aetna. (2) Pension after 9 months of continuous work on the Island. (3) Paid vacation 10 days minimum, public holidays, 10 days sick. (4) A company van if the position requires it. (5) Relocation financial assistance. (6) Service tradesmen will share in an on-call schedule which we rotate. There is an allowance of KYD$50.00 per week for the tradesman just to be on call. (7) Ability to make overtime, double time and piecework earnings. (8) We assist the employee in opening an local bank account with Butterfield Bank.
3. Are there any bonuses included? Any opportunity for commission/bonuses? We do pay bonuses and commission in some cases and it depends on the role. These listed roles would not normally attract bonuses/commission.
4. Is there a relocation budget? Yes. We pay the airfare for the employee to take up the position (economy class) and give KYD$1,000.00 upon arrival in Cayman (listed as relocation financial assistance in item 5 under question 2.
5. What is the starting salary? Is it hourly or a set salary? If it is hourly, what is the minimum guaranteed number of hours per week? If it is a range, then what is the hourly range and/or salary range. We use hourly ranges for the positions and I have included these above. The offered amount is based on qualification and experience. We cannot guarantee a set number of working hours per week, however our typical work week is 45 hours. Overtime is done when needed.
6. Does Andro Group have their own employment contract that they can sign with the new employees? We do
7. What are Andro's company core values that prospective employees should share?
Customer service: Exceed customer expectations for all property needs through multi trade solutions.
Professional: Qualified and good at what we do.
Efficiency: Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
Pay is $27.5 to $35 USD per hour - based on experience.
The Cayman Islands has zero income tax, meaning that you keep everything that you earn.
The Cayman Islands is english speaking, very safe, and has warm tropical weather year-round; it is only a 2-3 hour flight from Houston Texas.
Click the apply button if you would like to apply for this position.