Customer Service Representative
- $20 to $22 Hourly
Martec International Inc. is a division of Hinton Transportation Investments, Inc. (HTI). Martec is a rapidly growing company that has over 60 years in the transportation industry and is the largest and most experienced single-source for repair parts and supplies distributed to the Americas. With continuous growth and expansion nationwide, the company is eager to add new, talented individuals to the team. We are actively seeking hard-working and growth-oriented individuals that are excited to begin their career within the Transportation Industry!
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and wages start at $20.00/hr.
The Customer Service Representative interacts with customers, vendors, sales representatives, and other departments to perform assigned administrative and coordination tasks, and to aid customers regarding their inquiries, requests, and complaints in order to meet and exceed the customers' service expectations.
- Timely and accurately processes sales orders, invoices, return, credits, tracking numbers, and any other required information in the company's system.
- Schedules, coordinates and follow-up on shipments and deliveries to guarantee correctness and timeliness of arrival to customers and other Martec locations.
- Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and resolve complaints efficiently and effectively making sure customers are satisfied.
- Creates, maintains, and files important documentation needed for shipping, delivery, receiving and claim filing, as well as additional proper backup records as required.
- Interacts with other departments to resolve customer service issues or requests.
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience.
- Performs any other additional functions or tasks as required by management.
- Process sales orders in the system, including on out-of-stock parts for other locations to ship out and notify customers or dealers daily. Print copies of packing slips for the warehouse personnel and the customers and file them accordingly.
- Process returns for customers and vendors and prepare all necessary paperwork as required. Inspect the returned parts if needed.
- Generate, send, and file invoices and credit notes in the system for sales orders, freight charges and discrepancies daily, including those from dealers and other Martec distribution centers. Adjust and verify relevant documentation as needed.
- Process sales orders as requested from other Martec distribution centers, making sure on stock availability, and notify them when the order is shipped.
- Keep track of sales orders daily by entering tracking information, verifying correctness and timeliness of shipments and deliveries, coordinate expediting, and notify customers when required.
- Receive, respond, and follow up in a timely manner customer requests and inquiries received from any channel and action them daily.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution daily.
- Review back-orders conducive to secure the availability of products and solve on-site issues and notify customers when required.
- Review and clean up invoice discrepancies, open sales orders, and back-orders reports, to find root causes and solve issues as required.
- Open customer accounts and maintain customer records by recording and updating account information in the system when needed.
- Maintain and organize documentation such as tracking numbers and proofs of delivery, and file them for future reference daily.
- Maintain the cash on delivery account to ensure cash and credit cards transactions are accurately applied as needed.
- Support Sales Team with customer requests when they are not available, as well as other locations when required.
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Team with the collections process for specific accounts by contacting customers over the phone on a needed basis.
- Order special items through the Purchasing Team when the part ordered by the customer is out of stock.
Job Functions Depending on Location/Account Assigned:
- Call carriers, obtain quotes, and if approved, schedule and coordinate pick-ups or truck shipments or deliveries.
- Negotiate domestic and international freight rates, issue freight quotes to customers, track freight shipments, and process freight claims for damaged or lost shipments daily.
- Type in all invoices received by Martec dealers in the system daily
- Create purchase orders in the system and verify if quantities and parts are correct, conducive to pay each Martec dealer as required.
- Request parts from Martec dealers when out of stock and notify the customer of the expected shipping date.
- Submit summary of parts sold by dealers on behalf of Martec, to receive approval from the customers to invoice them on a weekly basis.
- Keep track of invoices and payments sent to dealers on a needed basis. Bill and process other locations' orders for inbound payment to the shipping location.
- Highschool Diploma / GED
- 4-10 years of Administrative and or Customer Service related experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Interpersonal and Customer Service skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Database Management and Reporting, and ERP Systems
- Organizational skills
- Team player
- Affordable Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death/Long Term Disability - Company Paid
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Match!
- PTO after 30 days
- Paid Holidays after 30 days
- Parental Leave after 6 months
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
***Employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days***
Why work for HTI?
Martec is a division of Hinton Transportation Investments, Inc. (HTI). HTI is an industry leader in heavy duty truck and trailer parts sales. The organization has over 20 locations nationwide and globally. Hinton prides itself on internal upward mobility.
Hinton Transportation Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran or military discharge status, marital status, ancestry, or any other legally protected category.
Hinton Transportation InvestmentsByron Center, MI
BusinessView All Hinton Transportation Investments Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.