Senior Specialist - Team Member Relations
- Expired: January 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Japan) and a Toyota Group Company. For seven decades, Hino Motors, Ltd. has proudly manufactured the number one selling medium and heavy-duty truck in Japan. It also manufactures buses and diesel engines.
In the United States, Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. currently has employees in 4 states including Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia and California. The Corporate Office resides in Novi, Michigan. Hino assembles medium-duty trucks at its Mineral Wells, West Virginia plant. Its manufacturing facilities in Marion, Arkansas produces axles, knuckles and suspension components for Toyota's Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia. Hino's Parts Distribution Center in Mira Loma, California supplies Latin American and Caribbean distributors with genuine Hino service parts.
We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, Team Member Relations located in Mineral Wells/Williamstown, WV reporting directly to the Assistant General Manager, Human Resources & Administration. This individual will be responsible for building strong relationships amongst team members, supervisors, and managers. The incumbent takes a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying employee relations trends, recommending solutions that address root cause of issue, and partnering with leadership on execution.
- Maintain a positive work environment by actively improving employee relations and supporting employee engagement activities. Serve as an agent of change and help team members understand and accept organizational changes.
- Provide a strong partnership on employee relations strategies, identifying trends, recommending solutions, building skill sets, and driving proactive change in the organization.
- Manage complex strategic projects to improve processes, drive consistency, increase efficiency, and enhance organizational performance.
- Provide proactive recommendations on employee relations strategies and solutions; develops processes and programs to progress development of the employee relations function.
- Analyze trends in employment practices and advises on appropriate proactive action and training opportunities.
- Manage cases effectively on people related issues such as: ER issues, disciplinaries, performance management, and investigations.
- Provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace conflict to address issues for team members, supervisors, and managers in a manner consistent with company policies, practices and legal considerations. Utilize various conflict management techniques, including training, mediation, conflict coaching, etc.
- Partner on efforts around building supervisors and manager's employee relations skill sets to maximize talent. Conduct training and coaching of supervisors and managers on skills and techniques.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- 6 plus years prior Human Resources and recruiting experience, preferred.
- Automotive experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree required (Human Resources, Business preferred or equivalent years of related experience). Master's degree preferred (MBA or Other).
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Position may require sitting for prolonged periods of time, moving equipment up to 25 pounds.
Hino Motors MFG USA, Inc.
AddressMineral Wells, WV
Get fresh Manufacturing Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!