This position participates in all contracts from bidding and negotiation through closeout. Works with cross functional departments to facilitate the contracting process. The candidate should also have a solid understanding of our industry. The Contract Administration person will report directly to the Contract Administration Manager. This position will be based in Lexington, KY but will travel to both Paris, KYand Carrollton, KY as needed.
As the Contract Administrator you work with project managers to obtain all construction project contracts and annual master contracts with customers and subcontractors. Obtain contractually obligated submittals including Payment and Performance Bonds and Insurance. Track and retain authorizations, correspondence, revisions, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, and payment schedules. Review change orders with estimators and project managers. Assist in contract close-out procedures and documentation. Work with the Credit department to reconcile billings and receive retention timely. Work Project Managers to track and accurately report job costs and revenue.
- Develop and maintain detailed and organized contract files to include the bidding documents, original contract, original subcontracts, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules, and close-out documents;
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status
- Track and retain authorizations
- Track payments and deadlines
- Execute contract billing and subcontractor payments
- Review change orders with estimators and project managers
- Perform contract closing activities as needed
- Work with project managers on job compliance and costings
- Attend monthly construction job cost meetings at home and field offices;
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Operation knowledge of Construction Field;
- Knowledge of construction contracts a plus;
- Some understanding of job costing, actual cost vs budget;
- Excellent telephone and customer services skills;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner;
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro