From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members\. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation\.
What will I be doing?
As the Associate Field Services Technology Manager, you will provide IT and Telecom leadership to the properties for the hotel\(s\) within the region including effectively communicating, managing, and delivering IT and Telecom Systems and procedures that align with Corporate and Brand IT and Telecom standards\. You will also be responsible for driving project plans, ensuring that the implementation and upgrades of major systems will be completed on time and within financial forecasts\.
You will support the hotel with business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure peak performance\. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion as well as providing end\-user training and assistance\.
More specifically, you will:
- Research and find business opportunities for technology and report results/conclusions to upper management\.
- Assist in setting the overall technical vision of regional properties\.
- Evaluate property needs and technology solutions to improve profit and/or efficiency while handling initiatives within parameters\.
- Maintain documentation on the team site for each assigned hotel property in the region\.
- Prepare a status report of all activities in the hotels within the cluster as requested\.
- Participate in Executive, departmental, and operations meetings as appropriate\.
- Attend regional Field Services team meetings as needed\.
- Work within the constraints of each property IT budget as prepared by regional Field Services leaders\.
- Maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members\.
- Direct, set up, maintain, and monitor property servers, including backups, property LAN performance, telecom systems and workstations\.
- Administer hotel systems, support the IDM Administrator and assist with registration as required\.
- Work with HSC \(Hilton Support Center\) and all vendors to ensure the timely resolution of IT issues as appropriate\.
- Act on support calls passed by HSC for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite activity by the Field Services team\.
- Use network monitoring tools to perform occasional health check of systems\.
- Monitor PBX system performance to make sure of reliable, dependable, and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications\.
- Coordinate with other groups to understand and meet their requirements\.
- Diagnose outages within entire communications system\.
- Handle testing and evaluating hardware and software to figure out efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems\.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs while handling correction of PBX alarm conditions\.
- Set up and deliver training to new users\. This includes relocating existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail and access codes\.
- Handle monthly cell phone usage and equipment as well as ensure that the most cost\-effective plans are utilized\.
- Administer proper controls to ensure hotels align with SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements\.
- Watch and evaluate systems to ensure hotels follow corporate and brand standards\.
- Carry out objectives and business initiatives are being followed\.
- Implement and run departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies of the department are in accordance with department and company objectives\.
- Build effective partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT, and hotel Team Members\.
- Lead the Department's progress and advise on key issues to facilitate forecasting\.
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Project management experience with an aptitude for implementing and leading departmental processes, procedures, and objectives to ensure success
- Collaborative teamwork that brings to bear positive partnerships with vendors, corporate IT teams, and hotel Team Members
- Problem solvers, who guide the department's progress and who advise on key issues to facilitate the way we make decisions
- Supporters of ongoing training and building a Culture of Learning
- Two \(2\) years of overall technology or related field experience
- Two \(2\) years of experience working in IT field support, desktop support, or an onsite technical support environment
- Two \(2\) years in the hospitality, retail, or related industries in the IT field \(Telecom, Technology\)
- Travel \- up to 25%
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five \(5\) years in Hospitality, Operations, and/or IT support roles
- Cisco or Microsoft certifications
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment, preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and two \(2\) or more domains \(Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations\)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications \(applicable Microsoft network admin certifications: MCSA or MCSE\)
- Experience with the following Hospitality related applications and systems: PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, Voicemail
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full\-service hotels and resorts to extended\-stay suites and mid\-priced hotels\. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value\. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands \. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day\. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all\!
Job: Systems and Network Engineering
Title: Associate Field Services Technology Manager
Requisition ID: COR010UA