- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, and electrical HVAC systems, and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back-of-house spaces, and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projections to offices and employee work areas.
- Monitors all third-party vendors as it relates to property maintenance.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under the direction of the Engineering department, such as painters, upholsterers, groundskeepers, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and RPM.
- Adhere to all hotel-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Inform the Director of Facilities and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost-effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into hotel systems to generate reports.
- Organizing department by creating a daily checklist.
- Oversee/approve payroll and manpower schedules.
- Available to answer cell phone for property emergencies nights, weekends, and days off.
- Any and all duties assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High School or equivalent education is required. Bachelor’s degree or related technical school degree preferred. At least five to seven years in a major hotel, Hospital, or building including four years in a supervisory capacity.
Ability to obtain and or/maintain any government-required licenses, certificates, or permits. Must possess, or have the ability and experience to acquire a first-class operating engineer’s license in boilers and air conditioning as required.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing have required the rest of the working day. The length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Must be able to tolerate atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, orders, dust, mists, gasses, and/or poor ventilation.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push up to 75 pounds.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
Hilton Los Angeles
AddressLos Angeles, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at Hilton Los Angeles