3rd shift FT
Hilton Garden Inn
- Posted: over a month ago
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Mid-Continent Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Mid-Continent Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Mid-Continent Hospitality performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurant, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments with the hotel.
- Follow all Mid-Continent Hospitality credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; be familiar with all in house groups; be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all Mid-Continent Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Front Desk Agents must posses a positive and upbeat personality with the desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our agents.
- Front Desk Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detailed-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to be effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
Hilton Garden Inn
401 E Douglas AveWichita, KS
TourismView all jobs at Hilton Garden Inn
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?