Assistant Director of Sales
Hilton Garden Inn - Mankato
- Posted: 19 days ago
Job Summary: The Assistant Director of Sales works with the Director of Sales (DOS) to sell and book hotel rooms and event space for new and existing accounts in the corporate, corporate group, and convention group segments.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Hotel Room Discounts
- Ongoing Training and Career Development
- Assist DOS in developing an aggressive and market appropriate on-going sales building plan for the booking of the hotel and conference center, with cooperation and direction from the General Manager (GM)
- Help design, complete, prepare and participate with follow-up action steps for sales calls in designated market segments, in cooperation with the overall Sales Department mission
- Generate revenues and make a positive impact on the hotels’ gross operating profit and customer satisfaction/service standards
- Participate and assist with contracts and booking details for business conference or association groups and events needing function space and sleeping rooms. Refer food and beverage arrangements to Catering Director
- Actively participate in greeting, and other guest relations work, in a hands-on manner, for the property’s business conference or association clients when they are having a function or event.
- Participate in a weekly/monthly property sales meeting process with: Sales Staff, GM, Catering Director
- Attend staff management meetings and client meetings
- Create and maintain social media presence.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree in hospitality management preferred
- 2-5 years of sales and marketing experience required
- Catering sales experience preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to use computer for daily work; Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, advertising and photo software.
- Possess working knowledge of catering software and hotel front desk POS systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Possess strong interpersonal, sales and marketing experience/skill. Demonstrate organizational, planning and goal setting skills.
- Act independently with minimal or no supervision
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs
- Walk and stand during long periods of time
- Climb steps in hotels that do not provide elevators
- Travel by car and air frequently
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
About Us: At Regency Hotel Management, hospitality is who we are—and what we do best. Since 1965, we've been leaders in driving maximum profit while creating asset value for clients. Our team of hotel management experts provides thoughtful, hands-on guidance inspired by years of professional experience. Our teams across our multiple locations are always growing, and we're looking for motivated individuals to join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hilton Garden Inn - Mankato
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?