Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function. To include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Provides guidance and support to management staff and hourly associates.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist and support management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates. Ensure compliance with hiring practices. Confirm and verify that new and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility documents. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Conduct annual wage comparative survey within competitive set. Ensure compliance of federal, state wage and hour laws and the Fair Labor Standard Act.
3. Conduct all mandatory training programs. Ensure brand training is completed for brand Quality Assurance audit, if applicable. Assist department managers to ensure on the job training is completed in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate & monitor hourly and management performance evaluation process. Assist department managers in writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals. Ensure merit increases are equitable and
processed in a timely manner.
5. Support & coordinate all human resource initiatives & business practices. Create an atmosphere of being the employer of choice.
6. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and safety training program. Manage all worker compensation and guest liability claims.
7. Assist with the coordination of benefits with benefit administrator for new hires, current & terminated associates. Assist associates with requests. Director of Human Resources for FMLA & personal LOA paperwork and coordinates the collection of insurance premium payments.
8. Support, engage and guide department managers with the assistance of General Manager to develop a positive learning environment. Assists department managers with associate issues or concerns and developing problem resolution strategies.
9. Manage all labor relations activities and ensure compliance of negotiated union contract(s). Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitration's.
Previous HR experience or education is required. Union experience is very strongly preferred.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent time management and problem resolution skills.
Thorough knowledge of Human Resource practices and procedures.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Extensive knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resource matters.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.