- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Lift approximately fifteen (15) pounds
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual ability
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, ten-key calculator, printers, multi-line tone tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers and other office equipment as needed
The Assistant Controller assists the Controller in administering all financial activities of the hotel; implementing and monitoring effective controls and procedures, preparing accurate and prompt reports and analyses, and providing advice and input on financial decisions impacting the hotel.
- Ensure all financial areas of the hotel, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Night Audit, and Payroll are all administered appropriately and effectively.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and monitored throughout the hotel to maximize profits or minimize losses by retaining revenues, reducing expenses and safeguarding hotel assets.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are in place and operating effectively, and that deviations of policies and procedures are reported to the General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Ensure financial reports are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that efficient and accurate budget preparation with the full involvement of department heads is obtained.
- Provide analysis and support to all management staff as directed by the General Manager.
- Ensure financial areas of the hotel are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate new personnel when needed.
- Participate in monthly department meetings, property MOD program and weekly staff meetings.
- Work with Controller to accurately complete payroll preparation, bi-weekly overtime report, and bi-weekly tip allocation report and distribute bi-weekly payroll checks to department heads.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in hotel Accounting functions
- Strong business communication skills verbal and written
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- Ability to maintain calm and professional demeanor in sometimes high pressure situations
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Regular attendance according to established guidelines
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
- Must possess basic computational ability, in order to accurately produce required reports
- Focus and maintain attention to multiple tasks in a short time period, and complete work assignments within deadline demands, despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
- Ability to participate in, and at times lead departmental and/or hotel team meetings
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions that are required of an employee in this position. Therefore, other duties may be asked of an employee in this position from time to time.
Hilton Alexandria, Old TownWhy Work Here?
At Remington, we offer an environment where Passionate People Thrive.
The hotel is managed by Remington Hotels, and offers great benefits like competitive pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/co. match, Quarterly bonus plan, life and disability insurance, Amazing sales incentive trips and much, much more. We are rated a 4.0 on Glassdoor which puts us as one of the Top 2 Hospitality companies to work for. 75% of people would recommend us to a friend and 85% approve of our CEO.
1767 King StreetAlexandria, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hilton Alexandria, Old Town