San Francisco, CA
What's the role?
The role of Computer Vision Software Engineer focuses on the development of the next generation 3D reality capture systems for the construction industry. This position develops and takes ownership on the technology components of localization, mapping, and SLAM algorithms for our products. While working with a cross-functional, agile team including full stack developers, cloud professionals, and UI/UX experts you will define the requirements and deliverables for the final product in an exciting, challenging, and highly innovative environment.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Estimate, design, implement and test according to our guidelines (unit tests, maintainability, extendibility) in an agile environment
• Contribute to the architectural design of the overall system
• If necessary coordinate the software development and test with external partners
• Work in a distributed cross-functional project team - collaborate with Business Unit key development functions such as Testing, Development, Project Management and Marketing Experts
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in working with SLAM, visual odometry, 3d localization and mobile mapping, required
- Knowledge of 3D computer vision including intrinsic and extrinsic camera and sensor calibration
- Knowledge of software engineering practices in an agile environment
- Collaborative team player with hands-on attitude
- Familiarity with 3d computational geometry algorithms, preferred
- Familiarity with Linux environments, and OpenCV, preferred
- Experience with sensor fusion, preferred
- Working Conditions:
- Normal office conditions
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.