Electrical Systems Integrator
- Over a month ago
At Hilmar Cheese Company we improve lives around the world through wholesome dairy products. Since our founding in 1984, Hilmar Cheese Company has been committed to innovation and sustainability. Our state-of-the art production facilities convert an abundance of locally sourced high-quality milk into a variety of nutritious cheeses, whey protein and lactose. The Cheese and Ingredients that we produce create a wide variety of retail and food service products from sliced and shredded cheeses, to protein supplements and infant formula. We are a trusted partner to premier food and beverage brands in for than fifty countries helping bring their vision into reality.
Throughout our decades of success and growth we have remained committed to our mission and values and these principles unite our people and guide all that we do.
A Typical Day
The Electrical Systems Integrator works with site maintenance, E&I and local utilities to ensure electrical equipment reliability. Coordinate and implement plant electrical and control system plans to meet strategic plan objectives of Hilmar Cheese Company.
- Prepare concept design and cost estimates for electrical distribution, instrumentation and controls for capital projects
- Work with project engineering group with implementation of annual capital plan
- Coordinate projects to minimize plant downtime while completing projects on time and within budget
- Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with electrical design, electrical equipment specifications and safety standards
- Maximize effectiveness of electrical contractors through daily interaction with crew leader and using well-defined project scoping
- Electrical design, scoping, budgeting and implementation of capital projects
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma and 5 years related experience, OR Associate's degree in Engineering or related field plus 3 years related experience, OR Bachelor's in Engineering or related field plus 2 year related experience
- Working knowledge and experience using National Electrical Code and catalog structure
- In depth knowledge of electrical control systems and design
- Experience working with variable frequency drives (VFDs), including application, programming, and installation
- Experience with programmable logic controller (PLCs), to include control systems, installation, trouble shooting, hardware communication – data highway, Ethernet, etc
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety and Arc flash standards
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Proven leadership and teambuilding skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's in Engineering or related field plus 3 years’ related experience
- Ability to use computer-assisted engineering software (AutoCAD)
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The role has periods of time when the work environment is sedentary and conducted in an office environment balanced with frequent occasions that require prolonged walking or standing, lifting/ carrying/handling moderate weight objects on a regular basis. Is required to wear PPE and have a regular presence in manufacturing and warehouse environments in both temperature controlled and uncontrolled locations. Must frequently interact with people verbally. Specific details of the essential functions of the position is available in the Job Safety Analysis, made available on request.
Food safety is a companywide responsibility and each employee must know their role in the manufacture and distribution of safe, wholesome, and high quality products.
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned
Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO. We participate in E-Verify.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Hilmar Cheese Company
AddressDodge City, KS
TechnologyView all jobs at Hilmar Cheese Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?