Hillview Chateau Senior Living, located in Altoona, PA is looking for a professional, motivated, caring, enthusiastic and positive Part Time Activities Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide spirited, pleasurable, mind and body stimulating activities that enhance the lives of the residents in our facility.
- Facilitate monthly activities to outside organizations, allowing the residents to still play an active role in in the community.
- Develop, organize, and carry out a diverse monthly activities calendar that caters to the residents likes, wants, and needs to keep the residents stimulated and entertained.
- Conduct monthly resident council meeting to document and relay to the Personal Care Home Administrator what the residents like, dislike, want and need.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of one year experience in the Recreational Therapy field, or a minimum of one year experience providing direct care is required.
- A valid PA driver’s license is required.
- Consideration will be given to candidates that have experience in the cognitive impairment/dementia/memory impairment communities, skilled nursing communities, special needs communities, or behavioral health/mental health fields.
Guardian Elder Care is a growing family of skilled nursing facilities committed to providing the highest quality of care and service to our residents. Guided by our mission and legacy values, we are relentlessly driven to achieve the best outcomes for those whom we serve.
Guardian Elder Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Guardian Elder Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Guardian Elder Care expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status genetic information.