Hilltop Advisors is a professional services firm that focuses on the financial services, real estate and Federal finance oriented agencies. Our services include consulting in all operational aspects of the lending, capital markets/sale of loans and loan servicing. Our team also assist in the financial, risk management, regulatory compliance, litigation, M&A, fraud/forensics and other critical business areas. We are hiring professionals with 3 – 15 years experience in the above areas. Preferred candidates will have 50% of their experience working in a bank, credit union, mortgage company or other financial services company and have some consulting experience with a mid-tier or large professional firm is preferred.
Preferred candidates will have knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Commercial loan officer or underwriter (C&I, CRE, ADC, Multifamily, SBA)
- Credit memorandum preparation,
- Collateral assessments for title security, valuation, completeness of documented collateral, etc.,
- Borrower and Guarantor financial statement and tax return reviews,
- Loan risk rating reviews to test lender’s risk rating policy and rating results,
- Compliance review for SBA SOP requirements,
- Commercial loan loss estimation and loan portfolio analyses,
- Familiarity with CECL requirements and implementation needs,
- Credit risk policy design, implementation, updates and testing,
- Federal and State regulatory compliance reviews for Banks, Credit Unions, Mortgage and/or Fintech companies (related to any aspects of lending, securitization or servicing),
- External or Internal Audit experience with Banks or Credit Unions in the lending/servicing areas,
- Bank examiner experience for any of the bank regulators,
- Combination of processing, underwriting, closing, post-closing rolls for all mortgage types and other consumer credit lending types,
- Mortgage servicing (servicing of other loan types is a plus),
- Loan sale or securitization transactions,
- Loan diligence and documentation reviews,
- Modeling "waterfall" cashflows for securitization trust,
- Compliance assessments with Securitization Reg AB,
- Compliance assessments for Pooling & Servicing agreements,
- Merger or acquisition diligence (financial, operational, technology, personnel assessments, risks noted below), valuations, purchase contract input, purchase price and earn-out calculations, Day One accounting, assistance in integration of the new and existing entities,
- Design, implementation and testing of policies/procedures for the following risks:
- Credit risk management,
- Counterparty risk,
- Fraud vulnerability risk,
- Regulatory compliance risk,
- Operations risk,
- Technology risk,
- Resiliency or Business Continuity,
- Finance and Accounting risk, and
- Interest rate, hedge and trading risks.
- Fraud investigation experience (more than 15+ investigations in banking, mortgage and other industry segments),
- Valuation calculations for loans, securities, credit-based assets, MSRs, etc.
- Performance measurement – operational and financial results, detecting inefficiencies,
- Design/implementation/testing of IT and Cyber security controls (CISA designation a plus),
- Litigation support experience and/or Expert testimony on any of the above topics,
- Familiarity with Federal agencies and GSEs that oversee banks, CUs, mortgage, fintech, consumer lending entities,
- SSAE 16 and SSAE 18 engagement experience.
Candidate may have securities/asset trading desk, bank operations and/or deposit/branch experience but Hilltop does very little work in these areas and such experience will not be considered in evaluation.
Candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting, finance, IT/Data and possibly others),
- Career should demonstrate increasing responsibility and different types of experience,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Strong writing skills, and
- Strong teamwork skills.
Our employment opportunities are targeted to consultants/auditors who have been with larger firms and want to be exposed to different types of engagements throughout the year. Candidates that meet the requirements noted above will be hired as either a full time, salaried professional employee or as a “project based” employee. Candidate’s title and salary is dependent upon their relevant experience (quality, “fit” and less about number of years). Hilltop has a strong “pay for performance” structure which includes sales commissions, chargeability bonuses, referral bonuses for identified/hired professionals, etc. Hilltop’s benefit package is competitive with other firms. Some travel will be required for client engagements (typically short term and rarely for our Federal clients).
If you meet our requirements and want to work in a growing, fast paced, challenging, collegial/team oriented company please submit your resume and our recruiters will contact you to arrange a screening interview.
Please visit our website www.thehilltopcompanies.com to read more about our company.
See our website - www.thehilltopcompanies.com.