APPLY NOW »
Date:Aug 13, 2019
Location:Topeka, KS, US
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visithttp://www.hillspet.comandhttp://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people.
If you’re interested inwork that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply for ourMaintenance Technicianposition at ourTopeka, Kansasmanufacturing facility.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of infrastructure and equipment that produces wet canned products. Maintenance Technicians support the complete state change from raw materials to finished product, including waste water and boiler operations
Essential Job Functions include:
- Actively participates in efficient maintenance and changeover of equipment that supports the conversion of raw materials to finished goods of a quality specialty pet food product. Supports meeting yield, productivity and financial requirements.
- Performs industrial maintenance on electrical systems to include power distribution (motors, motor controls, overload protections, etc.), PLCs and PLC networks, instrumentation (meters, scales, weighing systems, motion and position sensors, X-ray equipment, etc.), hydraulic and pneumatic systems, lighting and facility systems, and knowledge of NEC requirements.
- Functions as a troubleshooter for packaging, processing, grain batching, boiler and waste water operations, including mechanical duties to maintain power transmissions, gearboxes, sprockets, chains, sleeves, belts, bushings, etc.
- Maintains operating knowledge of all equipment and processes including updates to equipment or processes.
- Audits work order completion, supports ordering parts and coordinating resources to ensure effectiveness.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problems, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of materials or parts, or re-engineering of parts or subassemblies.
- Operates a forklift, boom lift and scissor lift equipment as needed.
- Enters and analyzes data to track KPIs; use SAP and/or related systems.
- Understands and applies root cause analysis and creative problem solving techniques.
- Understands and complies with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identify and report Food Safety issues to management
- Works as a member of a team responsible for achieving plant-wide goals concerning production, quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
Basic qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical degree in industrial maintenance (or equivalent)ORminimum of three years industrial maintenance experience
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in a food processing manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to bend, climb, crawl, work in confined spaces, work in hazardous condition spaces, work in extreme weather conditions, use hazardous materials and lift up to 50 lbs on a continual basis
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety and EOHS standards, and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in self-directed work groups.
- Ability to use computer systems like SAP, Word, Excel and email.
Hill's offers all employees:
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Income Program/Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays
- Annual paid vacation
- Discounts on pet insurance
- On-going training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Highly professional, ethical, drug free environment
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLY NOW »