Hills Bank Washington, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
*This position is eligible for a Spanish proficiency pay differential*
SCHEDULE: Part-time; Monday- Friday (7:45 am- 6:15 pm) 2 of 3 Saturday mornings (7:45 am-12:15 pm). Average 25-30 hours/week.
BENEFITS: Our employees are our most valuable assets, so we invest in them with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our philosophy of taking care of the customer extends to taking care of our employees so that they, in turn, can take good care of themselves and their families. Join Hills Bank and let us surprise you with even more perks!
The teller is responsible for directly servicing customers with the paying and receiving functions of the bank. This includes a variety of customer savings, checking and credit account transactions, as well as customer services such as sales of money orders.
The teller has primary responsibility for providing a high level of customer service to bank customers who require teller services. The teller will refer customers to other bank departments as appropriate for additional services.
The teller is responsible for balancing daily and understanding compliance regulations related to teller services.
- Follow G.R.E.A.T. customer service procedures to ensure customers consistently receive service of the highest standard. Be a G.R.E.A.T. employee by participating in bank sponsored community events
- Receive and process checking and savings account transactions, mortgage and consumer loan payments, credit card transactions, etc.
- Issue official checks, money orders, and bank checks. Process the redemption of bonds and help customers with additional services.
- Note and verify significant information as required by Bank policy and procedure. Ensure that Bank procedures are followed when processing transactions. Maintain favorable customer relations through proper handling of all collection and disbursement functions.
- Provide a high level of customer service. This includes understanding customer needs, as well as understanding the bank products offered. Exercise discretion, good judgment and initiative regarding all customer contact, transaction processing, addressing inquiries and solving problems.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer account information.
- Open night deposit vault logging the contents in log book, distributing the contents to the proper individuals and processing all deposits and other transaction using dual control at all times.
- Assist customers with entry to their safe deposit box, ensuring all bank procedures are followed in the process.
- Understand and comply with the related laws and compliance regulations that pertain to teller duties. Examples include bank secrecy act, privacy, and funds availability policy.
- Receive and answer telephone inquiries from customers and internal staff regarding customer and bank related accounts. Assist Bank personnel with questions on the status of accounts, bank statements, charges, interest, etc., in and efficient courteous manner, providing positive employee relations.
- Maintain adequate working funds as required by Bank policy. Verify and balance assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assist supervisor in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and other tellers.
- As needed, purchase working money supply from Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Manager
- Count and verify currency.
- Support the overall sales effort. Direct sales goals may be established by management for such items as referrals for other bank products.
- Identify customer's financial services needs and cross-sell services to meet those needs.
- Advise customers on promotional items and services. Give referrals to customer service on prospects/customers for potential sales of products based on life events that you are hearing. Give referrals to other departments like Commercial, Home Mortgage, and Trust and Wealth Management.
- Participate as part of various retail product campaigns the bank initiates. Assist the office with special events and promotions.
- Be aware of overall bank product offering to be able to refer customers to appropriate departments within the bank for service.
- Utilize the bank's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to personalize customer interactions and help develop corporate memory, manage referrals, and maintain appropriate entries regarding opportunities and interactions with customers.
- Adhere to customer service standards through Voice of the Customer program.
- As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefer a high school degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years' experience in a related position. Preferably in retail with cash handling responsibilities.
- This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes computer skills, as well as utilization of office equipment.
- Must have the dexterity to count money.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must successfully complete all training and evaluation requirements in the Retail Teller Career Path necessary for transition from Teller 1 to Teller 2 to Teller 3.
- Participate in at least 3 bank sponsored or community events annually.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hills Bank