Hillmann Consulting is a nationwide, full-service environmental consulting firm with more than 30 years of experience in providing customized Environmental Health and Safety, Remediation Support, Real Estate Due Diligence, Geo-technical and Laboratory Analysis services. We have an extensive background in performing emergency planning and first-response programs for major disasters worldwide, such as terror incidents, hurricanes, typhoons, floods, earthquakes, chemical spills, fires and building collapses.
As one of the nations' leading environmental consultants, Hillmann delivers environmental consulting with an uncompromising commitment to customer service, safety, and increasing value and quality to our clients. Hillmann has acquired an acute knowledge of federal and various state regulations. Hillmann develops programs for compliance with OSHA, DOT and EPA, which includes program design, exposure assessment, development of engineering controls, required training classes and documentation.
We have an immediate need for an Environmental Scientist / Industrial Hygienist to join our group in the Orange CA area. Hillmann is a fast growing, team-oriented company and looking for a motivated individual to grow with us and help build and evolve our business locally as well as nation-wide.
At Hillmann Consulting, LLC, we provide our staff with the opportunity to drive their own career path. If you are a highly motivated individual with exceptional organization skills who adapts well to change, we can offer you the challenge and compensation that you deserve!
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College Degree (BS, MS, MPH) in a Science-related field is required
- Candidate should have 1 to 5 years of experience within industry, preferably with experience conducting lead, asbestos, indoor air quality and mold inspections
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Certification (CHMM, 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 10/30 Hour Construction Safety, CIE, CMI) is desirable but not required
- CA Lead Inspector/Assessor or Sampling Technician license or ability to obtain preferred
- CA Asbestos Consultant or Site Surveillance Technician license or ability to obtain preferred
- Valid driver’s license and transportation for work in California
- Eager and available to work flexible and extra hours
- Must be available for work during off-hour shifts on an emergency, as-needed basis
- Conduct investigations, develop remediation plans, and report findings and results in accordance with regulations and applicable industry guidelines
- Perform air, surface, and water sampling according to EPA, OSHA, NIOSH, and industry analytical methods
- Perform lead based paint inspections & risk assessments
- Perform asbestos containing material surveys
- Perform employee exposure monitoring for various environmental hazards
- Perform employee noise exposure assessments
- Perform mold/moisture inspections within commercial/residential properties and generate remediation scope of work plans
- Perform indoor air quality assessments
- Obtain and maintain applicable certifications and licenses
- Respond to client emergencies during normal business and off-peak hours as necessary
- Other responsibilities as dictated
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance
Hillmann Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, creed, ancestry, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or genetic information.
Hillmann Consulting, LLC encourages minorities and women to apply.