Land Survey Field Crew
- Medical, paid_time_off, Life Insurance, Retirement,
Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates, Inc. (HCEA) is seeking multiple Land Surveying Field Crew staff positions, including a Party Chief and Instrument Operator, to join our Surveying, Monitoring, and Instrumentation Group in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. Candidates must be competent in setting up survey control and performing data collection of monitoring points in support of excavation and adjacent construction as well as performing construction stakeout and data collection surveys. The field crew works on projects primarily located in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Candidate must be able to operate Robotic Total Stations, Field Data Collectors, Digital Levels, and GPS units. Experience with Leica field equipment, Leica and Carlson field data collectors preferred.
- Competent in Coordinate Geometry and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Experience with Leica Captivate and Infinity software and AutoCAD with Carlson Survey office software is a plus.
- Calibrate and care for tribrachs, prism rods, total stations, and all field equipment.
- Able to work independently, solve problems, be organized, and accountable.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills, able to communicate via email, and organize Survey data on the company server.
- Must have excellent work habits and attendance.
- Candidates must be able to carry 50 lbs over 800 ft of uneven terrain and work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working on a survey field crew.
- Two or four-year surveying degree is preferred; CST or LSIT certification a plus.
Hillis-Carnes offers excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, disability, life, 401k with company match, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), generous paid time off and more.
Requirements include having a valid MD Drivers License with a clean record and must be able to pass a background check.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hillis-CarnesAnnapolis Junction, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.