Help Desk Specialist
- Expired: August 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates is a top-tier, multi-disciplined engineering firm with a demonstrated history of success for the past 29 years (and counting!) Just ask Engineering News-Record who named us to its ranking of "Top 500 Design Firms in the Nation" for our continued rapid growth and success. Our achievements can be contributed to multiple facets, but above all we are successful because of our motivated employees who strive to make every day count. For this exact reason, we strongly believe in fostering teamwork, rewarding ambition, and providing opportunities for professional advancement.
Our corporate office located in Annapolis Junction, MD is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our IT Team.
- Assist and follow up on technical help tickets submitted via internal website, email, and walk-ups
- Independently investigate and implement solutions to technical issues
- Perform PC imaging, configuring, and deployment
- Manage Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Travel up to once a week to other branch office (mileage reimbursed, plus per diem)
- Basic desktop/laptop repair and upgrade skill
- Troubleshoot and configure end-user workstation operating systems (Windows 10 and 11) and software
- Proficiency with MS Office 2016/ Office 365
- Troubleshoot end-user printing issues
- Troubleshoot end-user network connectivity issues
- 1+ years of prior experience
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with desktop/laptop cloning, imaging software
- Experience with Symantec End Point protection
- Experience with virtualization using Hyper-V
- Experience with group policy, PowerShell and scripting
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Microsoft Certification
We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer an appealing benefit package. A few of these perks include: 100% Employer-Paid Benefits (Long-Term Disability, Basic Life & Employee Assistance Program), Health (W/ Health Savings Account Option), Disability, 401k w/ Company Match, Generous Compensation for Employee-Referrals and many more!
Need another reason to join in on the success? We offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in which employees are given shares in the company and the more successful the company is, the more valuable the shares become.
Want to grow with us? Apply Now!
Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Hillis-Carnes
Get fresh HELP DESK Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.