Geotechnical Engineer, PE
We are currently seeking a senior level geotechnical engineer, P.E., to join our growing team in Chantilly, VA and participate in a wide variety of geotechnical, testing, and monitoring related projects. Projects are primarily located within Northern Virginia. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other HCEA offices throughout the company.
- Act as a Special Inspection Engineer of Record for various construction projects in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Prince Williams, Falls Church, and Loudoun counties, VA.
- Provide geotechnical/technical support to our project managers of Construction Material Testing Group, perform site visits, and attend regular project progress meetings.
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, and engineering reports.
- Support the office's Geotechnical Group and other departments as required.
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence.
- Enhance our client satisfaction ratings by providing thorough, professional service, and maintaining continuous communications to build long-term relationships.
- Oversee the technical excellence of all branch service providers and ensure that the highest levels of quality and integrity are the standard deliverable to our clients.
- Follow company safety and site safety standards.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, M.S. preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Construction Industry with an emphasis on Construction Materials Inspections and Testing and/or quality control.
- Strong knowledge of Special Inspection programs in Northern Virginia.
- P.E. required.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service to clients.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD)
- Valid driver's license
- Willing to travel and work out of town for short periods of time.
- Physical requirements may require lifting up to 50 pounds and traverse over rugged terrain.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, LTD/STD, 401k, ESOP, paid time off, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ScienceView All Hillis-Carnes Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.