Hillcrest Children and Family Center is seeking a Human Resources (HR) intern with a strong work ethic who is highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented. The selected candidate will support the HR team on a variety of projects, including providing administrative and logistical support to the on-boarding process, performance management, and benefits open enrollment. This internship position provides opportunities for students to gain real-world experience working on a wide range of HR projects in an office environment.
The primary duties of this role will be assisting HR staff with day-to-day responsibilities that are crucial to the team’s operations:
- Assist with administrative services such as copying, filing, sorting, and delivering confidential documents.
- Work closely with the recruiter to learn about the recruiting process.
- Post open positions using the applicant tracking system and on other job sites as needed.
- Assist in new-hire on-boarding including preparing orientation packets collecting documents, and completing checklists.
- Complete employment verifications and reference checks.
- Assist with benefits support functions and special projects.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating benefits open enrollment.
- Learn to use HR management systems such as Paylocity and ADP
- Prepare training materials, slides, and handouts.
- Create new employee files.
- Maintain existing personnel records and term files as needed.