Text "JOBS" to (513) 657-2840 to chat with a Job Assistant Now!
We need an experienced Activity Assistant to join our Memory Care Team at Hillandale Communities. You'll manage and lead a team of caring, talented individuals who create an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the recreational, social, intellectual, and emotional needs of our Memory Care Residents.
Starting At $11.00 Per Hour
You'll Be Responsible For:
- Planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operations of the Activity Department for Memory Care Residents
- Conducting daily programs designed to interest, stimulate, and entertain Memory Care Residents
- Scheduling staff properly to assure that the appropriate amount of staff time is provided per resident per week for activities
- Preparing a monthly calendar of activities written and posted for residents, families, and visitors
- Participating in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the residents and families
- Working with the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident
- Creating and defining activity procedures for the department to prepare for an event including set up, transportation, and prizes
- Assessing resident needs and developing resident activities goals for the written care plan
- Encouraging residents to participate in recreational social activities by engaging them in organizing games, crafts, religious services, parties, etc.
- Assisting in the development of the budget for activities including equipment, supplies, transportation, and labor
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of employees to meet required job competencies and best fit organizational goals for the activities team
- Oversight of the orientation, training and development of activities staff based on individual and group needs assessment to promote performance excellence and retention
- Evaluating job performance through daily interactions and periodic formal evaluations providing current, direct, and actionable positive and corrective feedback
- Other tasks and duties based upon business needs
You'll Need To Have:
- At least 1 year of experience working with the elderly or individuals with disabilities
- Experience working with Memory Care (Alzheimer's and Dementia) patients (Preferred)
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Activity Director or 2+ years of recent experience conducting social / recreational programs in a long term care setting
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team
- Solid work history with excellent attendance and punctuality
- A positive attitude, energy and passion for working with the elderly
- Patience, understanding and compassion for those requiring our care
We're Proud To Offer You!
- Paid Time Off Accrual – from date of hire
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Discount Plan
- Life Insurance – paid for by company
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Company Match
- Employee Referral bonus pay
You’ll enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made everyday – including cell phone service!
Love Your Work as part of a family-owned company that cares like family!
Hillandale Communities have received numerous awards and consistently excellent ratings in state surveys and customer satisfaction.
**You must undergo pre-employment background check, physical examination, drug screen and TB testing.**
Hillandale Communities is an EOE/M/F/D/V and Drug-Free and Smoke-Free Workplace.
Powered by JazzHR