Fleet Diesel Technician
Hill International Trucks, the Tri-State areas leading medium- and heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, is currently looking for Diesel Technicians to support our mobile maintenance department customers. The Mobile Maintenance department was created to help customers in three critical areas: Contract Fleet Preventative Maintenance, On-Call On-Site Maintenance, and 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance. This job works out of the Eighty-Four, PA. Hill location. This is an afternoon shift position.
The primary responsibility of our diesel technicians is to repair and maintain diesel engine trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/dispatcher immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- 2 or more years of experience as a diesel technician is required.
- Some computer skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications preferred but not required.
- Valid CDL Class B license, preferred but not required.
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires bending/stooping/kneeling for long periods
- Requires frequent repetitive hand motion
- Requires frequent lifting of 5 to 50 lbs
- Requires occasional lifting of 50 to 100 lbs
- Requires performing accurate, knowledgeable, detailed work
- Excellent pay plus bonuses
- Boot program
- Tool allowance
- Overtime pay
- Paid training
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
Hill International TrucksWashington, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.