Hill International Trucks, the Tri-State areas leading medium- and heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, is currently looking for Diesel Technicians. The primary responsibility of our diesel technicians is to repair and maintain diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/dispatcher immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications preferred but not required.
- Valid CDL Class B license, preferred but not required.
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires bending/stooping/kneeling for long periods
- Requires frequent repetitive hand motion
- Requires frequent lifting of 5 to 50 lbs
- Requires occasional lifting of 50 to 100 lbs
- Requires performing accurate, knowledgeable, detailed work
- Occasional exposure to engine exhausts fumes
- Works overtime as requires
- Excellent pay plus bonuses
- Tool allowance
- Overtime pay
- Paid training
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Prescription drug coverage