Student Intern MSW Student
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hill Country Community Clinic
Job Title: Student Intern/Behavioral Health Consultant/Therapist
CALY Poly Humboldt and Chico State University Masters Students ONLY)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Behavioral Health Director
Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm, varies 16 hour weekly minimum
Under supervision of direct supervisor, assigned mentor and clinical supervisor the student intern will counsel individuals or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations and develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans in a medical or behavioral health setting. The Student Intern when applicable will work with clients to provide harm reduction strategies designed to assist clients in leading the life they choose through providing creative options to improve health outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned which may become essential to the position.
- Interview patient to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information.
- Observe client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental health..
- Conduct General bio psychosocial assessment/Acute Needs Assessment/Risk Assessment and Substance Use Screening
- Special consult (for psychiatry visits or chronic pain risk evaluation)
- Works with Supervisor to review results of tests to evaluate client needs.
- Assists patient in identifying and tracking goals for healthy living and documents these self-management goals in chart (EHR)
- Available to diffuse emotional crises and assist in immediate needs and risk assessments
- Consults with medical staff or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Conducts mindfulness exercises, peer counseling groups and family counseling.
- Identifies and reaches out to patients in need of referral to in-house counseling services, psychiatry services as well as external services as needed.
- Discusses progress toward goals with patient such as controlling weight, stress, or substance abuse.
- Manage BHC appointments in Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Track client and non-direct hours as needed by educational program.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Adheres to Policies & Procedures
- Participates in team systems
- Performs duties ethically
- Maintains client confidentiality
- Demonstrates ability to re-prioritize duties as the need arises
- Uses time efficiently
- Be responsible for co-workers & client satisfaction
- Displays flexibility in accepting, changing or carrying out assignments
- Maintains a neat, clean & safe work environment throughout the facility
- Performs job duties in a quality manner
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Enrolled In current Masters of Social Work program at Cal Poly Humboldt or Chico State University
Experience in rural community preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current CPR certification. Current drivers’ license and insurance.
Must have intermediate level language skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before individuals, groups or employees of organization.
Must have basic math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Must have very high level reasoning skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge basic working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet browsers. Must have working experience with medical management software such as Health Pro.
Proficient with computers, printers, copiers, multi-line telephone systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is an indoor business office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with normal business office, computer and printer noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees must regularly utilize close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
Hill Country Health & Wellness
EducationView all jobs at Hill Country Health & Wellness