Hill Country Community Action Association Kingsland, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hill Country Community Action Association, Inc.Head Start Job DescriptionTITLE:Nutrition Aide
The Classroom Aide will be responsible for the Nutrition Component for the center, and record information as required by the Child and Adult Care Food Program. The Classroom Aide will also learn all aspects of the functions of the Head Start Classroom, such as completing assigned paperwork and reports, supervision of children, and sharing in the implementation of lesson plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for transporting food to the Head Start Center, or preparing meals and snacks in the centers that cook.
- Responsible for the nutrition component by making sure all guidelines are being met, records kept, and enough servings are provided for each child and adult.
- Follow Head Start guidelines in family style meal service.
- Follow Head Start guidelines in sanitation and cleaning of kitchen and removal of trash daily.
- Keep proper and up-to-date inventory of all kitchen equipment and products. Responsible for purchasing groceries and non-food items on a weekly and/or monthly basis (strive to be well organized to avoid daily trips to the store).
- Ensure that food preparation routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, safe, and consistent with good child development principles. Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met.
- Work as a member of a team to ensure continuity of curriculum and high standards of equality in the classroom; assist in overall cleaning of classroom as time allows.
- Observe, record, and report any child's behavior, sharing information appropriately with other staff members.
- Assists the Head Start Teaching Staff with Nutrition Education in the Classroom.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Required to have current health cards certifying their status. Head Start staff and volunteers may be called upon to administer first aid to children/staff at any time in the program. The incidental nature of this circumstance effectively establishes first aid as a collateral duty rather than a primary one.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Center Director, Content Area Coordinators, or the Head Start Program Director.
- Will serve as an escort on the transportation van while transporting children to and from the Head Start program, or drive the Head Start van/bus to transport eligible children (CDL required to drive bus).
Job Description: Classroom Aide
Date: January 02, 2015
EDUCATION: Minimum: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Some experience and ability to work with pre-school children.
SKILLS: Must have a warm, supportive, pleasant and positive attitude toward young children and parents. Must be reliable. Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to changes in the program. Must be willing to accept supervision in order to improve work performance.
OTHER: Professional in manner and attire. No record of a conviction which would contraindicate employment. Must be 21 years of age and must have, at a minimum, a valid Class C Driver's License and a reliable vehicle with current liability insurance; insurable under HCCAA's vehicle insurance policy. Every 2 years: a TB test with a negative reading and a Head Start physical screening. Must maintain CPR and First Aide certifications (collateral rather than primary duty of this position). Must comply with all HCCAA Policies, and maintain confidentiality in all phases of agency operations.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Requires interacting with the children on their level at times (on the floor), and also sitting, standing, bending, reaching, and driving. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be able to react quickly (run after a child).
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must handle new and diverse work problems on a daily basis. Personal maturity is an important attribute. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have the ability to listen objectively to people, perceive the real problem and assist in bringing issues to a successful conclusion. Must relate and interact with employees at all levels within the agency. Bilingual skills are encouraged. Knowledge of basic math and literacy skills. Ability to record data pertinent to Head Start Performance Standards.
Regular working hours: 8:00 4:00 (As assigned for those working less than full time). No irregular working hours required. Not required to work alone. Some out of town and overnight travel required.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: Accrual of sick and vacation time, hospitalization insurance, employee paid group dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance, participation in the 401-k retirement plan after a year's employment, 125 Flexible Benefit Cafeteria Plan, and paid holidays.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro