Hill College Hillsboro, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Pay Classification: Exempt L
Department: Business Office
Job Summary: Responsible for all financial reporting and accounting controls for Hill College. Oversees and supervises the Business Office staff including accounts receivable, accounts payable, accounting, and cashiering functions.
Minimum Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field; or a combination of experience and education that yields the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- CPA certification
Minimum Required Experience:
- Three to five years accounting experience
- Three to five years supervisory experience
- Preferred: Governmental accounting experience
- Preferred: Experience in higher education
- Ability to be detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to identify and correct accounting errors.
- Ability to lead and manage change. Ability to make or influence decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Ability to mediate and resolve conflict. Ability to embrace and manage diversity.
- Ability to operate an IBM compatible computer and other standard office equipment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to think critically and apply appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and execute plans.
- Ability to work with customers and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to articulate and support the values and Code of Conduct of Hill College. Ability to interpret and abide by the policies and procedures of Hill College
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to engage in continuous learning of new concepts, skills, and experiences.
- Demonstrated organization skills. Demonstrated time-management skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory, management, and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of financial data and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and fully computerized accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of strategic and tactical planning and implementation.
- Working knowledge of the Hill College vision and mission.
- Working knowledge of the POISE system including Fiscal, Student Billing/Receivable, Data Management System, Payroll, Distributive Purchasing System, Financial Aid and Fixed Assets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and coordinates the annual fiscal audit in addition to acting as a liason with and responding to state, federal and independent auditors.
- Prepares external financial reports, including monthly and annual financial statements, CARAT, IPEDS, FISAP,EMMA, LAR, and various ad hoc external requests for information.
- Supervises the daily operations of the cashiering, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and accounting staff of the Business Office.
- Advises the Vice President of Administrative Services on all financial, accounting and audit matters.
- Maintains general ledger and transaction journals and approves all budget adjustments and journal entries.
- Prepares monthly reimbursement requests for various grants, including Title IV programs.
- Works with the Student Information Services Department in reconciling Title IV programs, other grant programs, scholarships and student accounts.
- Works with the Vice President of Administrative Services in the management of the Hill College cash flow and the investment of idle funds in conformance with the Texas Public Funds Investment Act.
- Provides assistance in the preparation and execution of on-going Business Office registration activities and collects tuition and fee payments during registration.
- Answers questions and resolves problems regarding the automated purchase order system, student billing system, and general ledger accounts.
- Creates and oversees tuition payment plans and housing payment plans.
- Develops and manages annual business office budget.
- Develops and maintains Business Office pages on Hill College website.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Security sensitive position.
- Light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (boxes) and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than that for Sedentary Work.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hill College