Senior IT Project Manager - Security Operations Center
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a skilled IT professional who is not only a security expert but skilled at building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships; superior at facilitating communications; and able to effectively coordinate activities across multiple organizations? Do you have experience supporting IT / cybersecurity within the U.S. Federal Government (USG)? Are you are looking to take that next step up in your career and become a key member of a team supporting a large Federal Government agency? Then we want to hear from you!
Hill Associates is searching for a senior cybersecurity professional who preferably has experience managing complex security challenges at the large enterprise level, especially within a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment. We seek an energetic, talented cybersecurity expert who demonstrably understands modern security operations processes in a hybrid It environment (legacy IT, virtual, and cloud-based). In addition, the ideal candidate will appreciate the nuances necessary to achieve and maintain successful relationships across a multi-bureau, federated environment. The ideal candidate will have prior experience providing IT security within the Federal Government environment.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret suitability clearance.
Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Support design and development of SOC as a Service (SOCaaS) solutions, processes, and procedures.
- Manage Intake process from a technical and managerial perspective to bring customers into the SOCaaS.
- Manage intake and sustainment of the customer portfolio for SOCaaS.
- Document the process for identifying, intaking, and provisioning SOCaaS requirements to meet the security needs of multiple Bureaus associated with the Federal Agency.
- Understand how to leverage specialized software tools, such as ServiceNow, to implement and expedite the intake of Bureau SOCaaS requirements.
- Establish close working relationships with IT security leads across multiple external Bureaus within the Agency.
- Assist Bureaus in understanding the service catalog of SOCaaS services and how the Bureau may utilize and benefit from these services.
- Assist Bureaus in understanding the program interfaces and procedural touchpoints for SOCaaS services.
- Assist the Agency in analyzing and planning for organizational impacts and changes necessary to support SOCaaS.
- Support the improvement of SOCaaS services based on internal analysis and external feedback from Bureau customers.
- Update existing operating procedures, and as necessary develop new operating procedures to support the intake process for SOCaaS services.
- Update Incident Response Handling and Reporting as required.
- Develop high-quality reports for presentation to Government clients.
- Work closely with multiple project stakeholders to understand requirements and develop and establish efficient and effective solutions.
- Provide status reports for multiple ongoing projects and related documentation.
- Minimum BS degree in IT, cybersecurity, engineering, or a related field.
- 8 - 10 years experience in IT, cyber security, or network security.
- Professional IT or security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, Security+, etc.).
- Expertise in IT security processes, and how these may be provisioned as a centralized service to support external clients.
- Support the development of approaches for hybrid (on-premises and 3rd party) cloud operations.
- Must be a self-motivator with the ability to work remotely as part of a team, or independently with little supervision.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills are an absolute must.
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholders including senior leaders, customers, project leaders, team members, and technical experts.
- Ability to create, discuss and explain technical solutions and documentation.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Master’s Degree in IT, cybersecurity, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Security as a Service or Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP).
- Experience with software tools such as Splunk and ServiceNow.
- Prior experience in security services, especially SOC services, within a Federal Government agency.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Hill Associates