IT Specialist - Intake
- Posted: over a month ago
Hill Associates Corporation is seeking an IT Specialist to join our team supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a large Washington, D.C. Cabinet-level Federal agency. The position will report to [the Task Order Lead] and interface with a variety of federal employee and contractor stakeholders. Interface requirements include, but are not limited to OCIO/IO Leadership, business operations staff, technical staff, and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs). The position will initially focus on the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) group within OCIO supporting IT projects, programs, and initiatives across the organization.
This role will require IT project management experience, with the ability to engage across a variety of ongoing and new projects, programs, and initiatives throughout the organization. This role requires knowledge of business processes and workflows related to enterprise IT Infrastructure.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust suitability clearance.
Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19. Physical work location is required in the DC metro region with potential telework options available to qualified candidates.
What You Will Get to Do:
The IT Specialist position will have a primary role in assisting a large business process reengineering effort, as well as a few associated supporting roles.
Service Intake Modernization
The primary function of the IT Specialist role will be interacting with various business and technical stakeholders to define requirements for improvements to critical organizational business operations processes.
Executive Support – The IT Specialist will have a supporting role in the development of various executive level communications and organizational (CIO/ACIO) reports. Examples of support may include executive level briefings, project dashboards, and business case development/analysis for IT systems and related investments.
Data Intake and Ad Hoc Reporting – The position will have a supporting role in assisting clients with responding to internal and external data requests and other ad hoc reporting. Examples of support may include aiding in the response to data calls from external entities (e.g., OMB) or internal requests from Treasury Leadership regarding key IT infrastructure programs and initiatives.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Minimum two to five years of experience in an IT function or related technical capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology, or relevant field of study
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Federal Government
- Ability to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, and/or task and workflow analysis.
- Ability to proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and organizational requirements
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative abilities, including the ability to ingest and/or consolidate large data sets and produce meaningful and concise quantitative analysis
- Critical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Solid written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge of business analysis, methods, and supporting toolsets
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience
- Experience interfacing with senior-level clients (e.g., CIO, ACIO, Senior Director).
- Experience with large-scale business process reengineering efforts
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure components, services, and concepts
- Familiarity with IT business operations, including service intake, service management, and performance management procedures
- Familiarity with key elements of Federal IT finance (e.g., acquisitions, contracts, budget formulation/execution, cost recovery)
- Mid-Advanced level skills in developing professional PowerPoint Slide deck
- A mid-level user of Excel. Power-user is desired, but not a must.
- Work knowledge in SharePoint front-end development. Advanced knowledge is desired but not a must.
- Visio skill is desired, but not a must.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Hill Associates
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?