Cloud Financial Business Operations Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have experience managing and analyzing financials for cloud services?
Have you developed pricing models for cloud solutions?
Do you have experience with federal IT contracts?
Then we have the role for you!
Come be a part of the transformation and modernization of IT systems at a cabinet-level agency. We are an established consulting firm with a $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunities for you.
We are a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted IT partner. We are looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our client's objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm working on a large-scale contract where you will be a key resource supporting the development of future cloud service offerings. As a Cloud Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for developing pricing and chargeback models for cloud products and services. You will assist in developing pricing comparison criteria for Contract Line Item Number (CLINs) and work with the acquisition team to understand customer requirements and how they impact the resulting contract. You will also support budget and financial management for the current cloud services program.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust suitability clearance. Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19.
What You Will Get to Do
- Work with a team of IT strategy and cloud consultants developing the next generation of cloud contracting for the Agency.
- Build detailed financial models to project the long-term, complete impact of cloud modernization and cloud usage on the organization's budget and operations
- Propose cost allocation and/or chargeback models for cloud services
- Develop, track, and report relevant KPIs to shed financial and operational insights into the Cloud OpEx drivers, and influence business decisions using data and communication skills
- Demonstrate your expert analytical and Excel skills to model customer requirements.
- Work directly with the Associate Director for Cloud Services at the Agency and interface with IT executives within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
- Interface with a variety of federal and contractor stakeholders. Interface requirements include, but are not limited to customer liaisons, business operations staff, technical staff, vendors, Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), and client leadership (CXOs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Information Technology, or related field.
- 10 years of experience supporting enterprise-scale IT environments and with 5-years experience in financial analysis within the IT or Cloud domains
- Experience developing pricing models for Federal Government contracts or experience developing pricing models for vendor proposals to the Federal Government.
- Expert experience with MS Excel, with demonstrated use of these tools to model business practices, financial constructs, and pricing models.
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, specifically with CSPs like AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Experience designing modifications to the Cloud model to support Technology Business Management (TBM) or other frameworks to increase transparency for stakeholders regarding cost and usage
- Experience providing briefings to stakeholders, both technical and functional, regarding cloud cost impacts
- Experience advising technical and develop teams on financial benefits and risks of varying cloud models
- Critical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail and a passion for accurate data.
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative abilities and skills.
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- Be highly self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Work independently and be capable of working with teams.
- Solid written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO), or other certification related to federal financials.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or advanced degree focused on financial analysis.
- Familiarity with Federal Government procurement processes and practices.
- Experience implementing financial oversight and reporting for cloud programs or offerings.
- Experience developing charge back and cost allocation models for cloud services.
- Financial oversight and management of cloud operating budgets and chargeback to internal and external customers, including the development and delivery of ongoing analyses to identify cost and budget trends and deviations from forecasts.
- Direct experience with Federal Government financials.
- Familiarity with federal funding constructs to include appropriations, Working Capital Funds (WCF), and Franchise Funds.
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis of large-scale IT infrastructures, applications, or services.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hill Associates