Quality Assurance Supervisor-SQF Practitioner
Operations and Production
By producing delicious, convenient, sustainable, and healthy real food, DEW-Drink Eat Well LLC., maker of Hilary's Eat Well products, seeks to create a company culture that attracts the best employees and partners. The Hilary's Eat Well team is committed to the company's core values of sustainable connections, transparency, and partnerships; we seek to limit ecological impact and increase community impact.
• Coordinate development and implementation of SQF and supporting prerequisite programs.
• Designated site SQF Practitioner.
• Lead in the development, implementation, continuous improvement, and continuing education in the areas of Food Safety & Quality, Regulatory Compliance, through self-audit activities to ensure that the company’s objective for food safety, regulatory mandates, compliance, meets or exceed standards.
• Maintain documentation for regulatory compliance, including label approvals, and laboratory analysis demonstrating regulatory compliance.
• Regulates and manages all HACCP, FSMA, and Quality Management Systems to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Conduct annual system review of Food Safety Plans, HACCP including verification and validation activities, GMP audit materials, and Prerequisite Programs.
• Stay abreast of FDA & USDA regulations & policies, upcoming SQF standards, industry trends and new technologies, bringing recommendations to management.
• Work closely with Plant Management to ensure that all Food Safety objectives are maintained, and compliant with regulatory standards.
• Facilitate and manage internal, customer, and third-party audits and direct/report corrective action.
• Determine application & methodology for analytical, Microbiological, or bacteriological testing protocols, and implement and direct Quality Assurance in protocol.
• Manage and maintain all product certifications including: Organic certification, Kosher Certification, Gluten intolerance certification, Non-GMO Program.
• Perform any special assignments as directed by upper management.
• Food Safety Training Lead
• Document all food safety related incidents and implement corrective actions as necessary.
• Ensuring production team members practice good manufacturing practices as well as enforce good manufacturing practices
• Participate in company team building, safety programs, and activities
• Conduct shelf-life studies as needed
• Ensure ingredient and packaging specifications are current and meet regulatory standards.
• Ensure food safety training records maintained and current as Food Safety Training Coordinator
• External and internal audits training and compliance
• Consumer complaint follow-up/corrective actions
• Good people skills
• Able to work humbly with respect for people from different cultures/languages
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work late hours if needed in an emergency
- A communication and work style consistent with Hilary’s Guiding Principles
- Loves the details and cares about getting them right every time.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a commitment to work to build great work relationships.
- Flexible and willing to adjust as needed.
- High level of interest in learning new things or how to do familiar things better.
- Willing to get through the learning phase.
- Welcomes feedback when it is offered and often seeks feedback to improve performance.
- Work to resolve conflicts or challenges quickly.
- Demonstrates pride in work accuracy and organization, thrives in a production environment.
- Responsible and dependable
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, generally 32-50 hours per week. Weekend and off hours availability are needed in case of emergencies. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
This position will be in Lawrence, KS. There will be travel required.
Education and Previous Work Experience
- BS degree in microbiology, food science, agriculture or related science
- No degree is acceptable if candidate has 5+years of QA and Supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of QA experience in the food industry
- Minimum of 1 year of QA supervision experience
- Must have knowledge of food safety programs (HACCP, FSMA, GMP's, sanitation practices in the food industry, hygienist, pest control, Organic, Kosher, and Gluten intolerance guidelines, allergen control).
- HACCP Certified (This is a requirement moving forward)
- PCQI Certified (This is a requirement moving forward)
- SQF Practitioner (This is a requirement moving forward)
On the Job Training:
Workplace Orientation, Workplace Safety, Food Safety, GMP Training, Allergen Control Training, Food Fraud Training, OSHA Training, SQF Internal Auditing Training, SQF Internal Audit Training.
Back Up Roles: VP of Operations, Production and Facilities Manager
Teams this position is on: Operations, Production, Recall Team Backup Lead, Food Safety Team Leader
Equal Opportunity Statement
Hilary’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Essential Food Safety Responsibilities
· Supervise staff in food handling to ensure compliance with Food Safety regulations.
· Manage the business’ Food Safety Plan and Food Safety Program.
· If away, ensure the business is protected and that high standards of food safety are maintained.
· Serves as the Internal Audit Lead
· Develop, maintain and implement operational plans, policies, procedures and strategies to improve and maintain efficiency and effectiveness for the Food Safety Team.
· Deputize as appropriate.
· Document all food Safety related incidents and implement corrective actions as necessary.
Why Work Here?As a certified B Corporation, we focus on business practices that create beneficial social and environmental impact, and we believe in providing go-to foods that begin with thriving plants and real, whole ingredients that are always non-GMO, so everyone can enjoy delicious foods with ease.
Hilary's is committed to our values of sustainability, transparency, & partnerships;limiting ecological impact & increasing community impact