The HighPoint Technology Group provides IT Managed Services, Consulting, and diverse Hybrid Cloud Solutions that enable businesses to shift away from managing technology and allow them to center their focus on a consuming IT services like an agile enterprise. HighPoint is the only Managed Solutions Provider with a Disney inspired customer service culture, delivering custom Experience Level Agreements for each customer, and a customer relationship strategy which delivers a true partner experience.
Managing technology-based business and support requirements requires broad acumen, efficient and automated processes and a deep understanding of business models. Our engineers are taught to understand our customer’s industries and business models first, then apply their technical expertise to develop the appropriate architecture, security and support models based on the client’s goals.
Our business first approach is the first of many building blocks that we utilize to ensure our solutions align with customer needs, and, once implemented, we can efficiently execute our services.
We are first and foremost a service company, enabled by technology… not the other way around.
We believe that service is the core to creating a vibrant, “built-to-last” organization. If what we’ve said isn’t a mission you can get behind, or you are looking for a big paycheck to do more “directing” than “doing” … stop reading. Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too!
POSITION PURPOSE: The Service Desk Consultant is responsible for administering technical support for all HighPoint customers and associated computing environments. This individual will analyze, administer, maintain, and implement customer support standards, processes and systems required to deliver high quality customer service in support of business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, consults, and supports the daily operation, security, and performance of various customer information systems, including (but not limited to) networks, communication systems, desktops, mobile devices, and other technologies that require ongoing management.
- Provide consultative services in support of customer desktop, cloud, network, and other support projects and initiatives by coordinating and prioritizing tasks and resources.
- Responsible for all customer onsite administration functions including security and update patch management, preventative maintenance and monitoring system performance.
- Implement and maintain configuration management practices and documentation for all hardware, operating systems and application software.
- Provides remote hardware analysis, consulting, installation, support, and maintenance of desktop, laptops, wireless network components, and other computer systems.
- Provide in-depth software and operating system support for mobile users including Apple, Android and Windows devices.
- Must be able quickly and correctly diagnose problems with computer systems and introduce the best way to fix the problem.
- Support a 24 x 7 staffing model with on-call shifts that include weekends and Holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Outgoing personality with proven ability speak comfortably with people both on the phone and in person.
- Passion for customer service with desire to learn and understand technology in a business setting.
- High school graduate required, some college preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working in desktop and/or IT Service Desk support role.
- 1+ years supporting IT environments in medium sized network environments (20 to 500 computer endpoints).
- One or more entry-level IT certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft).
- Proven work experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing applications and systems including:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suites including Office 365
- Mobile devices including phone and tablet
- Local and LAN based printing.
- LAN connectivity
- 3rd Party productivity applications (MS Visio, Project, etc.)
- Experience in a technical support environment utilizing:
- SLA or XLA based ticket tracking system.
- Electronic Asset Management and Inventory system.
- Remote Control/Remote Assistance technology.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates positive relationships with customers and able to provide exceptional customer service.
The HighPoint Technology Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). HighPoint offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, flexible work schedules, paid holidays, and generous Medical, Dental, Vision plans along with employee Life Insurance and retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more.
If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! HighPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law. HighPoint thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted