- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job.
- Apply engineering principles to conceive, estimate, design, develop, and specify materials and equipment to modify and/or install new blow molding components with effective budgeting, estimating and execution methodologies.
- Recommend alterations through development of designs to improve quality of products and/or procedures and report to management, considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Oversee project management and technical activities of team members and offer administrative and technical guidance as needed. Reports out to upper management on project status.
- Participate as needed in projects of team members, including attending and contributing to project meetings and reviews, and assisting with scope definition and stakeholder management.
- Analyze problems and propose solutions for blow molding processes.
- Confer with suppliers and contractors to oversee design, specification, and installation of new equipment.
- Perform statistical analysis of blow molding operations.
- Perform root cause analysis of productivity problems and make recommendations to improve plant productivity.
- Manage contractors, consultants and other project team members as necessary to execute projects.
- Use independent judgment to assign team member work duties to meet operational requirements. Make sure that team members and co-workers have the information and training needed to perform their job duties.
- Supervise team members in a manner that enables growth and success through feedback, training, and encouragement. Establish performance expectations for team members and provide regular feedback and performance reviews to ensure that team members understand how their job duties support the company’s mission and have the right tools/resources to do their jobs well.
- Investigate complaints or performance concerns and implement disciplinary action, up to and including termination, as needed and in compliance with company procedures and with consultation with the human resources department.
- Work with human resources department to manage hiring process for direct reports; interview and select candidates for hire in compliance with company processes.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency. Establish and document standard operating procedures and ensure the team is adhering to them. Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead team in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards. Use independent judgment to ensure that team members follow company policy and maintain a safe work environment by encouraging safe practices and promptly resolving violations, including initiating rewards and discipline as needed.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location. Travel will be required 25% of time.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Although not essential to the position, the individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Understand mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, and interpret related engineering drawings.
- Accurately estimate engineering time, material, costs, and resources required for proposed projects.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Certitications
- Bachelor’s degree in plastics, mechanical, or industrial engineering or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Experience with Solid Works, AutoCAD, Simplify 3D, Adobe is required.
- Hand/Power tools and application knowledge are required.
- Packaging, G-code, and 3D printing are not required but beneficial.
Highline WarrenWhy Work Here?
We strive to be the best company to work for, buy from, and sell to!
Highline Warren is North America's premier distributor of automotive oils, chemicals and consumable products, offering strategic manufacturing and market exclusives such as MAG 1®, Prime Guard®, Rain-X® Windshield Wash and BlueDevil®. With an ever-growing brand portfolio, multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across North America and investments into new capabilities and technology, Highline Warren is able to service 99% of the United States more efficiently and effectively than ever before. For more information, please visit: www.highlinewarren.com
AddressCouncil Bluffs, IA