Highline Aftermarket is a leading national distributor of automotive products, with 15 distribution centers and eight state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities serving multiple channels across the aftermarket industry. With more than 500 employees, Highline serves as a critical link between manufacturers and customers, offering a robust portfolio of national brands, original-equipment replacement products, private-label goods, and in-house chemical blending and packaging. The #1 manufacturer of windshield wash in the U.S.
Blow Mold Operator
The Blow Mold Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently performing mold setups and process development for the production equipment ensuring that the desired level of quality is being achieved for on-time delivery. 3rd shift hours are 11:00 pm- 7:00 am.
Description of Responsibilities
The Blow Mold Operator is there to support the Company and must possess the knowledge and demonstrate skills required to perform the essential functions of the position, though other duties may be assigned.
· Performs mold, insert and color changes on the line
· Perform basic processing of blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap
· Makes frequent on-time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards
· Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs
· Assists with preventive maintenance as required
· Assists with troubleshooting and resolution of process problems
· Documents daily production reports and completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to this position
· Ensures that all equipment is in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Shift Supervisor
· Answers operating alarms and restarts machines
· Completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to the position
· Ensures that all equipment and supplies are in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Blow Mold Manager and/or Production Supervisor
· Assists in training employees
· Attends training and meetings when required
· Active participation on Health and Safety program
· Must adhere to the Company’s Good Manufacturing Practices
· Ensure plant is maintained at a high standard of housekeeping
· Performs other duties for the benefit of the Company as required
· Promotes and adheres to all Company Rules and Safety Laws where applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
· Knowledge & familiarity with a high-speed manufacturing environment an asset
· Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
· Troubleshooting – determine causes of operating errors and making decisions about next action step
· Mechanical – strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance
· Reasoning – ability to perform basic mathematic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without a calculator or other tool
· High School Diploma or equivalent, additional education &/or technical certification preferred.
· Possess a high degree of focus and attention to detail
· Ability to solve problems and look for improvements
· Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
· Possess strong time management and organizational skills
· Accepts responsibility and is dependable
· Ability to work alone or in a team environment
· Flexibility to work a rotating schedule
· Is a respectful team player willing to assist in all areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate.
Personal Protective Equipment:
PPE are required when performing job functions, such as gloves, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.
· Must be able to perform repetitive lifting and bending
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 8 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of stairs, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms
· Ability to visually inspect for small defects
· Ability to safely maneuver hauling equipment
The physical demands described are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum
Why Work Here?Highline Aftermarket is a leading automotive aftermarket manufacturer and distributor of packaged automotive chemicals, lubricants, and parts, which it sells to independent distributors, quick lube shops, jobbers, wholesalers, and multiple retail channels.
Highline Aftermarket is the...Best company to work for, the Best company to buy from and the Best company to sell to.