Seasonal Parks Mow Crew
- $15 to $18 Hourly
This is a special district serving the thriving, active community of Highlands Ranch with approximately 103,000 residents. We employ a variety of professionals in fields including public works, parks, forestry, finance and recreation.
Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operations of buildings, grounds, parks, open space, and forestry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with District and industry related safety policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the safety of self, co-workers, park users and the community.
- Park related maintenance including but not limited to: care of plant material, maintenance of park infrastructure, landscape projects, various equipment operation, minor construction projects, litter control, weed eradication, snow removal, and assists with special events.
- May operate and maintain specialized equipment and tools as listed below under “Tools and Equipment Used”.
- Effective, tactful verbal and written communication skills.
- Fulfills alternate duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by Supervisor.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule;
- lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time;
- perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions;
- communicate orally and in writing;
- use equipment and tools properly and safely;
- understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions;
- establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and the public.
Must possess a valid State of Colorado driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment
Works under the direct supervision of the Parks Maintenance Supervisor and Lead Technicians.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Lawn and landscape equipment including pickup truck with automatic/manual transmission, trailers, tractors, mowers, aerators, edgers, weed trimmers, seeders, sprayers, spreaders, utility vehicles, blowers, high pressure washer, pruning tools, miscellaneous hand and power tools for turf maintenance, carpentry, and painting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Generally, works between 6:30 am and 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Work schedule will vary depending on weather conditions, projects, events, programs, meetings, and staffing levels, and will include some evening, early morning, weekend, and overtime hours. Potential exists to work 4-day, 10-hour shifts.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference check.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Parks Maintenance Seasonal Job Types:
Cultural Practices: All aspects of turf care including aeration, fertilization, top dressing, weed control and seed/sod work.
Horticulture: Involves building, planting, maintenance and weed control of flower/shrub beds.
Mowing: Involves mowing, trimming, edging, blowing and equipment maintenance.
Redstone Park: Involves general maintenance at Redstone Park including mowing, horticulture, sprinkler repair and turf care.
Highlands Ranch Metro and Centennial Water & SanitationLittleton, CO
Get fresh Seasonal Parks Mow Crew jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.