Veterinary Assistant or Technician
Highlands Ranch Animal Hospital San Diego, CA
Veterinary Assistant or Technician
Highlands Ranch Animal Hospital
San Diego, CA
- $16 to $22 Hourly
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Fun Working Environment
- Interact with Pets
Highlands Ranch Animal Hospital is a Veterinary practice, located in beautiful Carmel Valley. We are searching for a qualified candidate to fill a part-time veterinary assistant or RVT position. This position requires an outgoing, enthusiastic, motivated, compassionate, and dependable person with a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. We are a small animal exclusive practice that is growing fast. Come work in a healthy and happy work environment with room to grow, at every level. A minimum of 2 years of professional Veterinary experience required. If you possess these qualities and are looking for a long-term commitment, we look forward to meeting you. We are a paperless practice, therefore a working knowledge of Cornerstone is ideal, but not required. Wage based on experience. Visit us at our website at www.highlandsranchanimalhospital.com to see what we are all about! Contact/send resume to Jessica Eastwood at email@example.com
Our clinic hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. We are closed on the weekends and observed Holidays. Part time benefits after 3-month probation include: uniform costs, sick pay, discounted veterinarian services.
- Can provide compassionate care to patients and clients.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can legibly keep accurate medical records in accordance hospital policy Can prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Can perform physical assessments, record observations legibly in files or computer.
- Can effectively restrain pets even when large or difficult.
- Knows all common vaccines and vaccination protocols and can explain to clients.
- Understands the importance of a clean and orderly facility, does not hesitate to clean or organize.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can prepare estimates for procedures and discuss financial commitments with clients.
- Can explain necessary follow-up and homecare instructions.
- Can properly care for all surgical materials and equipment; keep the operating room properly prepared for surgery.
- Can set up clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal flotation exams, heartworm checks, skin scrapings, urinalysis, ear cytology and fungal cultures; maintains file of lab test results and ensures that test results are recorded in patient records.
- Can effectively position for and take radiographs.
- Understands the use and care of IV pumps.
- Can admit patients following hospital policy and doctors written orders.
- Can discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Performs other duties as assigned including assisting in other areas.
- Can perform minimal receptionist duties when needed.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when stressed, ill or in pain.
- Can stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
- Is well-spoken and approaches his/her job duties in a mature nature.
- Can support and be a part of teamwork; works well with all levels of hospital team members.
- Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent or squatting position.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Previous experience as a Veterinary Technician or in a similar role
- Knowledge of animal care and handling
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a busy environment
- Patience and a love for animals
Highlands Ranch Animal HospitalSan Diego, CA
Over a month ago
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.