Summit Housing Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Summit Management Group, Inc. (Summit), is a growing family of companies headquartered in beautiful Western Montana. We specialize in Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) developments, with mixed-income units joining our portfolio in 2018. To date, Summit has built, been awarded, or has under construction 32 LIHTC properties (1,646 units) spanning Colorado, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. Summit's family of companies are involved in all aspects of development, including site selection, finance and investor relations (Summit Housing Group, Inc.), construction (Summit Construction Group, Inc.), and on-going property management (Highland Property Management). Our continued growth and success is made possible by our great staff and dynamic partnerships with institutions and organizations working together to ensure quality affordable housing throughout the US.
This position is responsible for sourcing, packaging and receiving LIHTC awards. The company develops multi-family and commercial real estate projects using various sources of financing such as low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC), investor equity, and lender financing. Reports to the President of Summit Housing Group, Inc.
Specific duties include: Oversee project from conception to a finished building
- Assist in setting goals and objectives for the company, participate in strategic planning activities with other leaders, and implement strategic initiatives for specific regions.
- Identify, review and select sites in multiple states that will compete for LIHTC awards both 9% and 4%.
- Complete all entitlement processes required to build multifamily apartment units on the sites.
- Support Project Management team with the submission of all applications for LIHTC projects and closings.
- Negotiate, review and analyze contracts between the company, project entities, investors, lenders, and third parties.
- Prepare and manage the project budgets.
- Obtaining project goals by working closely with investors, real estate attorneys, paralegals, architects, state regulatory personnel and many others.
- Work with Management company to initiate marketing campaigns
- Promote growth and goodwill for the company through daily personal contact with owners, allocating agencies, investors, lenders, vendors and other outside individuals and organizations, and through attendance at staff meetings, business meetings, and trade associations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience: To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- 5-7 years of experience developing multiple LIHTC projects simultaneously in multiple states including preparing LIHTC applications, land acquisition, budgets, due diligence activities and construction oversight. Experience in developing conventional market rate and commercial properties is a plus.
- 3-5 years leadership experience including oversight of budgeting, applications, land acquisition,
- Bachelors or Masters in Business Management or related fields
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on MS Excel and industry specific databases/software
- Progressive resume with experience in many different aspects of real estate development
- Enterprising approach with frequent involvement in starting up and carrying out projects. Demonstrated success in leading people, negotiations, delegation and making many decisions
- Have or acquire LIHTC Compliance Certifications via seminars and training within 9-months of hire date. Company will pay for obtaining required certifications.
- Desire and compassion to assist residents by ensuring the final product is quality, affordable housing.
- Spirited initiative and resourcefulness
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Remover of barriers
- Results focused
Physical Characteristics: The position requires the following:
- Corporate offices are located in Missoula, MT. Telecommuting from any Mid-West or Rocky Mountain location with a major airport is available.
- 80% office work (meetings, phone, computer, etc.)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable for company vehicles
- Standard vision, with or without corrective eyewear.
- Standard hearing, with or without a hearing aid.
- 20% property site visits and remote office locations which require the ability to climb one flight of stairs and the ability to walk a half mile per property approx. once per week.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, approximately 3 times per week.
Schedule and Benefits:
- Schedule: Full-time
- Benefits: Developer bonus program; health, vision, life and disability insurance (employee only); matching 401K; paid holidays and accrued paid time-off
Application procedure: Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (introducing yourself and why you are qualified for this position)
- Resume with recent work history
- Minimum of three (3) work or professional references
- Post-hire assessments: We perform background checks and credit checks on those handling receivables after the position has been offered according to State and Federal guidelines.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro