To deliver exceptional customer service while performing a wide range of customer support related to consumer and business banking, including transaction processing as well as assisting customers with a variety of questions regarding consumer and business products, services, policies and regulations of the bank in a clear and pleasant manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a working understanding of retail and commercial depository products and services.
- Process various in-branch financial transactions including cashing checks, accepting deposits and loan payments, negotiable instrument sales, savings bond redemptions, in a timely manner.
- Possess and demonstrate strong organizational skills to maintain proper follow up of customer opportunities while traveling between branch locations.
- Balances Cash Recyclers.
- Upholds customer security in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Handles inbound and outbound calls with a goal of increasing business, customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Interacts with customer to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products and services.
- Identifies and closes cross-sell opportunities in order to solicit sales of new or additional services or products and refers customers to bank staff for purchase/set-up of certain products and services, as appropriate.
- Opens checking and savings deposit accounts, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes.
- Communicates with customers to explain features and benefits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Performs data entry to maintain consumer and commercial contact and deposit data into the bank’s computer system.
- May provide written credit references, process check orders, stop-payments, wire transfers, point of sale (POS) and automated teller machine (ATM) disputes and notarize documents.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC rules.
- Reports suspicious client and account activity.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Highland Bank customers and employees.
- Assists other Highland Bank staff; performs other duties as apparent or as delegated by supervisor, in order to provide excellent customer service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimally two to four years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Cash handling, Help Desk, Phone Bank.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both customers and other employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel between Highland Bank locations when required.
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures and stress that can change rapidly dependent on staffing levels as well as customer activity.
- Good organizational skills, to include re-prioritizing day-to-day tasks to accommodate the needs of both customers and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with mobile banking solutions delivered via mobile phone, tablet and PC banking solutions.
- Maintains a high level of bank compliance and regulatory knowledge.
Highland Bank specializes in meeting the unique needs and business objectives of growing businesses, their customers, their employees and their owners. We strive to put our customers first, make banking easy and get the job done. Founded in 1943, Highland Bank manages $500 million in assets and serves its customers with 80+ knowledgeable and experienced employees in five locations: Bloomington, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, St. Michael, and St. Paul. Highland Bank is also proud to have been designated as a Preferred Lender by the Small Business Administration (SBA), one of a handful of banks in Minnesota to have earned this select designation.
Highland Bank is comprised of experienced, highly motivated, creative and intelligent bankers. We are recognized as a leader in our chosen markets for the way we meet customer needs and our financial performance. We operate under a shared vision that encourages our employees to effectively deliver our services and grow professionally, personally, and financially.
Interested parties may also apply online at Highland Bank’s website highland.bank. Please specify Universal Banker I - Float during the application process. No phone calls please.
Highland Bank. Your Business. Our Bank.