- Expired: November 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Higher Ground Education, we are radically reinventing education. We believe that for a student to live their life fully, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To achieve this, we are using technology as an enabler for the timeless core principles of Montessori education. We are committed to making high-quality, modernized Montessori education available to all. To that end, we are looking for a capable engineer for the following role.
As a staff Data Scientist, you will be helping to drive innovation through many data-driven processes. You will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data, including providing actionable intelligence gathered from multiple disparate data sets. The ideal candidate possesses the analytical aptitude and problem-solving skillset necessary for extracting value from a collection of novel data sets. This position requires the synthesis of new information to generate intelligence that allows us to drive innovations forward. The ideal candidate is willing to learn about new technologies and concepts and can effectively communicate their knowledge to others. This candidate will also aid in developing a data analysis pipeline that will lend itself to automation while utilizing engineering and statistical techniques. This position is full-time and remote.
- Aggregate and analyze data from multiple sources to identify trends and patterns.
- Design, model, and document the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for metrics and analytics.
- Development/programming of tools to improve pipeline efficiency, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new analysis tools/techniques.
- Generate ideas and support building data tools to automate analysis processes.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical and analytical techniques to provide ongoing reports and visualizations.
- Design and prototype data analytics pipelines that effectively summarize data for identifying trends and correlations.
- Gather data from primary or secondary data sources to identify and interpret trends
- Apply problem-solving skills and root-cause analysis to ensure that curated data is accurate, repeatable, and explainable.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical area with two years of hands-on professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of techniques for gathering, cleansing, and transforming data
- Experience with data science toolkits/languages such as Python/R, Scikit-learn, PyTorch/TensorFlow, Matplotlib, NumPy, C++, or Python.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI
- Knowledge of best practices in data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience documenting processes and maintaining data records.
- A master's degree in Data Science
- Proficiency using query languages such as SQL
- Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, and regression.
- Experience with Agile development practices
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
Higher Ground Education
TechnologyView all jobs at Higher Ground Education
Get fresh Data Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.