Financial Aid Counselor
Higher Education Staffing New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking a full-time Financial Aid Counselor to counsel prospective and new students in financial assistance issues and determine if they qualify for student financial aid, as well as assist the supervisor with day-to-day new student financial Assistance activities.
- Associate Degree Required. Bachelor Degree preferred, however will consider comparable experience.
- Considerable customer service interaction.
- Higher Education experience a plus.
- Good math aptitude.
- Bilingual a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospective and new students to counsel them on financial aid issues, discuss options to finance their tuition, determine financial need and package.
- Counsel prospective and new students regarding their rights and responsibilities with respect to financial aid and student loans. Conduct prep meetings with prospective students in admissions before meeting with a the financial aid department.
- Ensure all assigned deadlines are met to include timely submission of new student financial assistance packages, verification documents, ETA’s, folder submission and departmental reports to supervisor.
- Assist in organizing and participate with special events such as open house, pin/prep workshops, early registration and orientation for new students, as well as, various off campus financial aid related events.
- Finalize financial assistance issues for new students during the add/drop period.
- Assist supervisor with required reporting and day to day activities.
- Attend professional development training workshops, especially in the area of student financial assistance.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date of federal and state regulations regarding financial assistance.
- Follow New Student Financial Assistance policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and compliance in all aspects of operations.
Higher Education Staffing
AddressNew York, NY
EducationView all jobs at Higher Education Staffing