CANDIDATES WITHOUT RECENT AML/BSA/SARS EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The Compliance Officer responsibility is essential to running a smooth, profitable, and risk-free mortgage lending operation.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist with all compliance and regulatory matters alongside Contract Compliance Vendor
- Develop and maintain compliance policies, procedures and training
- Develop and implement regular communication methods to keep all employees informed of policy, procedural and regulatory updates
- Designated AML / BSA Officer
- Responsible for enforcing All continuous education of AML / BSA for HTL employees
- Responsible for performing / coordinating the AML / BSA Independent Audit with 3rd Party
- Establish and implement monitoring and reporting protocols for TILA, RESPA, Fair Lending, ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, GLBA, FCRA, FinCEN, and Social Media
- Point of contact for any State, Federal, CFPB, GSE Agency and/or Investor audits
- Review all TPO Broker records annually or as needed to ensure all TPO are within compliance
- Prepare forward and reverse Quarterly NMLS/MCR loan, financial, warehouse and servicing data and submit to The Mortgage License Group
- Complete quarterly HMDA data review, notify Operations team of corrective action & submit filings.
- Complete all HMDA submission and filings
- Responsible for Self-Reporting to HUD, FNMA, FHLMC, SARS
- Ensure departmental compliance with all company policies & procedures, which includes retail & brokered out loans
- Oversee Quality Control program & department as well as continue all currently related Credit Risk duties being performed.
- Stays informed of changes in banking laws and regulations, industry and regulatory trends, and best practices in compliance risk management. Includes attending offsite conferences and online webinars.
- Primary point of contact for Customer, State or other Regulatory Complaints and work all complaints through resolution
- Managing employer’s compliance training program, including the implementation of progressive discipline for non-compliance
- Assist with State Licensing compliance: Closing practices, disclosures, Advertising Compliance
- Work with Contract Compliance Vendor on All Advertising Compliance matters
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required/preferred.
- 2-5+ years of Regulatory Compliance for a mortgage banker, lender or Banking Compliance experience
- Thorough knowledge of AML, TILA, ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, GLBA, FCRA, SAFE Act and FinCEN
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and perform constantly changing multiple tasks in a very fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to relate and communicate in a professional manner with all types of personalities and all of levels of management as well as internal and external contacts
- Thorough use of Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Encompass experience preferred but not required
Promotion includes changing FLSA status from Non-Exempt to Exempt. Compliance Officer position includes immediate direct report(s). Not Eligible for Overtime.
* Excellent team atmosphere
For your hard work, you will be rewarded with a strong salary and benefits, including 401k, and other cool perks. We are a fast growing company with a clear business plan for success. Please submit your salary requests.