- Posted: over a month ago
High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled Technical Artist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a broad knowledge of art creation for games. They should understand modeling, texturing and animation fundamentals. They should be able to combine geometry, materials, effects and Unreal Engine Blueprints to create complex art. They should be able to work with a large team supporting the more technical aspects of creating art.
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments.
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Work with engineers and artists to optimize content for many platforms.
- Use basic Blueprint knowledge to implement work for projects.
- Aid with new tool development using Blueprint scripts within Unreal Engine.
- Manage multiple complex tasks.
- Test and verify your work on target hardware.
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game tech art.
- Good understanding of real time rendering practices in a PBR environment and node-based material editors.
- Experience modeling in Maya/max/blender, sculpting in Zbrush, and using texturing packagers such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Expertise in one aspect of technical game development with abilities in secondary areas such as modeling, effects, animation, or lighting
- Desire to work with a team, supporting other content creators such as environment art, hard surface art, character art, etc.
- Familiarity with modern game engines like Unreal Engine and modern game art pipelines.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms.
- Understanding of FX/animation principles (especially for the UE’s Niagara system) is a major plus.
- Understanding of basic game logic and Blueprints. Scripting experience using Blueprints, MEL or Python are a major plus.
- Ability to light and render in Unreal Engine.
- Shipped game title experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Passion for video games
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
- Three (3) years of experience.
- Links to portfolio
Multiple openings for this position.
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test.
All positions are located in either our offices in Hoffman Estates, IL or New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
High Voltage Software
AddressHoffman Estates, IL
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?