Electrical Installation Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $95,000 to $145,000 Yearly
High Rise Fire and Security, affectionately known as High Rise, founded in 1991, is a leading fire alarm, life safety and security systems solutions provider. We provide a broad range of products and services including, but not limited to, the design, installation, service and maintenance of Fire Alarm, Auxiliary Radio Communication, Area of Refuge, Parking Garage Gas Detection, Card Access, Camera Surveillance, Video Intercom and Intrusion Systems.
High Rise is an Edwards Systems Technology (EST) Strategic Partner and a multi-year winner of “Strategic Partner of the Year Award” for the Northeast Region. Additionally, we are very proud to have been named “2014 Best Small Companies to Work for in New York State” by the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS-SHRM).
We are the first North American member of the SCUTUM Group. SCUTUM, founded in 1989, is a fast-growing, privately owned, leading European life safety company with offices in France, Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. SCUTUM complements our solutions with additional products, services and expertise in electronic security, cyber security and defense security with an Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform.
At High Rise, we pride ourselves on our ability to maintain thorough and up-to-date industry knowledge as well as provide expertise in local code requirements. Our employees are equipped with comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in providing life safety system solutions throughout New York City Metro Area. We are currently looking for a Field Service Manager, Installation Unit. The FSM, Installation Unit will lead and manage a team of highly skilled Installers to provide exceptional work or the organization’s Clients while achieving the company’s vision, mission and culture. This role is ideal for an experienced manager with proven results with a passion to lead others. With a solid reputation in the market, ever so growing Client base, cutting edge products and services, now is a great time to join our team.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent / Some Trade School / 6 months to 2 years certification OR equivalent of 10 or more years relevant industry experience, including three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Roles and Responsibilities
Field Management (Job Site Coordination) 60%
- Visit and monitor Technicians’ progress and monitor Technicians’ time while on job sites, including on-time arrival and departure, and address any issues related to work time and attendance.
- Ensure reports are properly completed for service performed (time, date, service dispatched for, work performed, work remaining, etc.).
- Analyze client needs, determine systems objectives and requirements, and develop solutions to new or existing applications.
- Ensure timely project scheduling and execution to meet contractual and client expectations.
- Ensure that effective performance measures are assigned, and that install teams are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner.
- Evaluate Technicians’ appearance at job sites, dress code, verbal communication, etc. for compliance accordingly.
- Estimate small moves adds and changes for installation service work.
- Strategically estimate selected projects deemed low risk that can be performed with in-house installation team.
- Review weekly estimate to complete on active installation projects. Projects that are not tracking correctly per project schedule will need to be reviewed with SVP Project Operations and VP of Services for mitigation plan.
- Monitor and dispatch of on-call service Technicians and follow up with Service Coordinator on repair and deficiencies resulting from after-hour services calls.
- Interact with Sales Team and Project Operations to promote a team environment to achieve successful project delivery.
- Review project scopes and drawings with POs team
- Attend and establish HRF objective of kickoff meeting and attend discretionary on-site meetings with POs team
- Meet with PM, Tech, Foreman to review entire scope, status of completion and commissioning schedule
- Coach PM on defining non-scope issues and appropriate course of action
Employee Development (Coaching, Mentoring, Training) 30%
- Ensure Technicians learn appropriate technical language and communication skills to properly manage information and relay to the office and to our clients.
- Train Technicians on proper installation methods according to NYC and NFPA 72 standards.
- Train Technicians on company policies and ensure that they are compliant with safety procedures.
- Responsible for coaching Technicians on the field application of the HRF Client Service model, and ensuring that this is integrated into the daily interactions with clients.
- Conduct introductory and annual performance reviews for field service Technicians.
Administration (Reports) 10%
- Resolve client billing issues by reviewing field service reports with the Accounting department, communicating solutions to clients, and securing client buy-in.
- Review all timecards and expenses on a weekly basis before submission to payroll.
Required Skills and Knowledge
Mastery of fire alarm systems operation.
- Completion of minimum of five projects involving programming of EST fire alarm systems with voice communications.
- Mastery in report-writing procedures and business processes and work flow.
- Subject matter expert for NYC Building codes & NFPA fire alarm codes.
- Subject matter expert in fire alarm products, EST products required.
- Mastery of hand tools (meter, toner, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge and application of electronics theories and principles.
- Read and interpret contract specifications, blueprints, and relevant schematics.
- Advanced project management and implementation skills.
- Ability to transfer knowledge by demonstrating advanced installation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate the safe use of ladders, scaffolding, lifts, and related equipment required.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate and coach on the HRF client service model.
- Strong advocacy of all company policies and procedures.
Certifications and Trainings
Valid S-98 certification within 3 months of hire
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Certification within 3 months of hire
- Four-Hour DOB Scaffolding Certification within 3 months of hire
- Completion of HRF Client Service and technical training within the first two months of training
- Programming and certification in EST3, and certification in EST Fireworks within a year
- NICET Level 2 Certification, and obtain NICET Level 3 within one year
- Pass HRF exam covering basic understanding of EST product, electronics, and fire alarm codes
Salary Range: 95,000.00 - 145,000.00 USD Annual
High Rise Fire and Security
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?