JOB SUMMARY: Learn and apply proper troubleshooting, diagnostic and corrective steps in the repair of mechanical parts, components and systems including diesel and gas engines, electrical systems and components, and hydraulic components.
- Perform all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments. Also perform parts ordering and returns as necessary including warranty arrangements
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components and systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Be able to complete work both inside the shop and out in the field on jobsites
- Individual must have own set of basic hand and power tools.
- Oversee parts and supplies inventories and stock levels
- Proven basic mechanical knowledge including electrical and hydraulics.
-Ability to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications.
-Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form.
-Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training.
-General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, and diagnostic software.
-Employee will need to provide their own basic tools. Specialty tools provided.
COMPETENCY, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS:
-The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all of the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers’ employees.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs unassisted.
-Proven mechanical skills
-Good communications skills
-Good, safe work habits
-A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical function
-Able to perform repairs for all major equipment systems
-1-2 years of automotive, diesel, 12v electrical, or hydraulics experience preferred
-High school diploma or equivalent required
-Vocational or Technical certification preferred
EQUIPMENT TYPES INCLUDE:
*Scissor lifts (electric/gas/diesel)
*Boom lifts (electric/gas/diesel)
Pay will be competitive and commensurate upon experience.
Position is full time, day shift
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year