Diesel Service Technician General
- $12 to $28 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
High Mountain Transport, family owned and operated based in Sparks, NV has immediate openings for a Diesel Technician. Willing to train motivated candidate with mechanical background. Must have reliable transportation. No Tools Required. Competitive pay and benefits. We are looking for technicians who take pride in their job, who want to be an integral part of a growing company. The ideal candidate will have a clean driving record, can pass our screening process and who values safety.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company matching, and paid vacations.
High Mountain Transport is committed to providing a competitive base pay as well as additional compensation opportunities. Paid weekly - flexibility in schedule - Our fleet has the latest technology including automatic transmission trucks.
To find out more, visit our website at www.highmountaintransport.com or apply in person anytime.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
· Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
· Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
· Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
· Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
· Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
· Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
· Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
· Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
· Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $28.00 per hour
High Mountain TransportSparks, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.