PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Intake Coordinator (IC), is an integral member of the treatment and administrative team, ensuring smooth daily operations of the residential treatment facility.SCOPE: Under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager, the Intake Coordinator maintains the smooth and proper functioning of the acceptance, maintenance and care of residents’ needs from the onset of referral throughout a resident’s stay and discharge.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred with at least 2 years of experience in a behavioral health environment.
- Ability to follow directives explicitly, intrinsic motivation, client-driven service disposition, excellent time management skills, team approach, with advanced computer skills.
- Scheduling flexibility may be REQUIRED to accommodate client admissions.
- Must hold a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and provide own insured transportation.
- Maintains adherence to HIPAA compliance in ALL communication regarding clients in treatment.
- Answers any incoming calls to the facility pertaining to the Facility’s offered services and/or Admissions
- Schedules prospective clients for assessment for residential, PHP and IOP admission.
- Updates the Phone/Call log.
- Meets with prospective clients and completes appropriate Pre-Admission forms.
- Maintains confidential files and materials as directed, maintains professional boundaries.
- Schedules Intakes and completes all Intake Paperwork at Admission. Directs Admitting Clients to the proper Administrative Staff.
- Arrange Transportation as needed.
- Under direction of Management maintain all Resident files and paperwork.
- Working knowledge of JACHO and CARF accreditation standards.
- Cultural sensitivity and ethical attention to all clients, callers.
- Understanding and implementation of professional boundaries and client confidentiality.
- Professional appearance, both in-person and via telephone with team-centered demeanor.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and Senior Management.
- Follow-up with all referral sources as directed by the Director of Business Development
- Assist the Clinical Manager in all aspects of Discharge Planning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the Clinical Manager, Manager and/or Operations Manager.