MHS General Maintenance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 Hourly
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS for external new hires!
General Maintenance Technicians may specialize as a COM (Change of Occupancy Maintenance) or resident service request technician or may be utilized to respond to multiple types of work orders. Associates may not be able to independently troubleshoot and problem solve more complex residential maintenance issues.
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
- Respond to service calls, complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements including, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, repair or replacement of lights, roof repairs, heating/air systems maintenance, appliance repairs, etc. May include:
- Transport, install and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Load and unload trucks and other conveyances; move supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stack materials for storage or binning; collect refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transport equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Dig, fill and tamp earth excavations; level grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovel concrete; clean culverts and ditches; cut tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Remove floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Remove damaged drywall. Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensure work-site clean up.
- Respond to and complete on-call after hour emergency and urgent repairs.
- Update work order status including time, materials and notes on mobile devices provided in an accurate and timely manner. Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Keep supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc; recommend corrective actions to supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Vocational or Technical training preferred
- 1 - 3 years previous work-related experience required
- Must demonstrate basic competency in carpentry, plumbing and electrical trades at a minimum as assessed through written, verbal and hands-on assessments
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand basic instructions and take direction from supervisors, communicate effectively with clients, visitors and other organization staff, and respond to basic questions
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, work to deadlines using sound judgement
- Ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments, managing multiple assignments and tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to utilize a mobile device including applications, email, and internet
- Technicians will provide tools and equipment necessary to perform their daily job duties. The following items are some examples of technician provided tools and equipment including:
- Basic Hand Tools: Hammers, screwdrivers, hand saw, pliers, wrenches, tape measure
- Trade-Specific Hand Tools: Multi-meter, Tube cutter, Torch, Level, HVAC gauges
- Small Power Tools: Drill, Sawz-All, Sander, Power Saws
- Expendable items such as drill bits and blades are available in the warehouse. With management approval, rechargeable batteries for cordless tools and equipment may be reimbursed through the project using the employee reimbursement process.
- Personal tools that are damaged are the responsibility of the employee.
Hickam Communities LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Hickam Communities LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?