HiEmployment Hilo, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Approves/processes wire/ACH payments and intercompany transfers.
- Assists and serves as back-up for the Assistant Controller in reconciling and filing general excise taxes and 1099 forms.
- Assists CFO in managing and analysis of company system hardware and software applications, including Aspen or Canopy applications.
- Assists in managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy by developing internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Assists in providing technical support to the different entities.
- Assists the CFO in the review and preparation of financial statements to ensure fairness and completeness of data, including account analysis and reconciliation to make sure that that transactions are in accordance with current GAAP guidelines.
- Assists the CFO with the general supervision of the Accounting Department. Conducts regular department meetings.
- Establishes, or recommends to management major economic objectives and policies for the company.
- Maintains checkbook register for all bank accounts to ensure accuracy and validity of all bank transactions and that they are posted into the General Ledger accordingly.
- Prepares and maintains balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Updates Cash Flow spreadsheet for weekly distribution to management team.
- Works closely with CFO and advises on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Works with the Assistant Controller on contract audits.
- Works with the CFO in the preparation of financial audits
- Special projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Exposure to finance and accounting systems
- Knowledge on current GAAP policies and procedures
- Minimum of six years related work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory capacity
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HiEmployment