- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
Type of Position: Full Time; Temp to Hire
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:00pm with 30-min lunch
Start on: ASAP
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant for a local non-profit organization. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for working with drivers and customers to create daily production records and delivery receipts, input daily transactions, audit records, and provide excellent customer service.
- Represents local non-profit organization in all communication (e.g., phone, email, face-to-face, etc.)
- Provides information about services, builds customer relationships and increases usage of LMOW services. Assists with phone surveys.
- Assists customers who have a question or issue with their service and seeks to resolve issues to all parties’ satisfaction. Communicates resolution to customer and documents in customer’s records.
- Notifies customers about their eligibility and changes in status. Assists with acknowledgement and cancellation letters and other correspondence.
- Collects and reconciles service information. Confirm when meals and services are delivered. Notifies Manager when additional services or follow up is needed. Ensure ServTracker database and program records are up-to-date, and information is filed and stored properly.
- Assists with data entry and monitoring, and the compilation of data for program reports and other required special reports and billing of services rendered.
- Performs clerical duties, which include word processing, answering/directing incoming telephone calls, responding to mail and correspondence, photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing.
- Monitors inventory of office supplies to include copier paper and envelops, orders office supplies to ensure no shortage.
- Collects and reviews for accuracy gas receipts, monthly staff and volunteer mileage forms, purchase orders and invoices. Stamp and code documents for payment approval. Deliver approved documents to the Finance Department daily.
- Supports and participates in the safeguard, security, and confidentiality of all data, records, company properties, program participants and personnel.
- Provides back-up support for the department day-to-day operations and special projects/events as needed.
- Ensures accurate reporting of expenditures, activities, and statistical data. Supports the preparation of data/reports for billing and operations.
- Responsible for the security of all assets assigned.
- Attends meetings to assure complete coordination of services. Relays accurate information to teammates.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other team members needed to achieve program or organizational goals.
- Creates a one-team atmosphere that is supportive of all departments.
- Performs other related business duties as assigned.
- Scheduled to work 5 days a week. Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. 8-hour shift may vary. May be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and holidays to meet operational needs and contract requirements.
- Indoor, office setting, production areas including walk-in reefer/freezer, outdoors; may need to do deliveries, travel to other program sites, meeting sites, etc., as required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Database, or comparable programs.
- Other standard office equipment, i.e., copier, fax, cash register, 10-key.
- Company vehicle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with difficult people or situations.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and possess sufficient flexibility to respond to changing situations; requires ability to continuously repeat instructions and remaining calm.
- Uses considerable initiative and exercises good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and at times under difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain cooperative and productive working relationships.
Frequently = F Occasionally = O Seldom = S Rarely = R
- Education: High School diploma or Certificate of Completion or equivalent
- Experience: Three years in general office work
- Clearance/Certification: 1) TB clearance, 2) Criminal background check, 3) Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, 4) Child Protective Services/Adult Protective background check.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, Department of Health Food Handlers Safety (Obtain on the job)
Experience: One year of work experience in a human services program or direct customer service serving the elderly and/or disabled; one year of work experience in customer service.
BusinessView all jobs at HiEmployment