Heavy Civil Project Engineer - Charlotte
The Project Engineer is an integral part of our job-site leadership and management teams. In addition to becoming familiar with project plans and specifics, this role will assist with a wide variety of project management tasks and responsibilities. This includes scheduling, permits/submittals, subcontractor and material procurement/management/monitoring, tracking progress, surveying, quality control, safety, reviewing project progress, and other project administration. They may be focused on core engineering work and/or project controls and reporting.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC, and may require extensive travel or relocation to other regional job sites and projects in the future.
- Develop familiarity with the project - from the "big picture" to the details, including the initial bid, budget, costs, and plans.
- Assist the project manager and superintendent with daily tasks, including preparing and maintaining all project files for the field office and main office as well as tracking and reporting (daily) project progress.
- Attend job meetings with the Project Owner and their representatives.
- Prepare submittals and RFls on new and existing projects.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of all subcontractors and on-site truckers.
- Order, track, and log materials needed to execute project work.
- Verify and code sub and supplier invoices.
- Monitor quality control tests and verify their conformance to the project specifications.
- Prepare and submit pay applications to Project Owner.
- Build, maintain, and coordinate project schedules for one or multiple jobs.
- Recognize unsafe actions, behaviors, and operations; correct individuals or processes, as needed.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or similar), required.
- Previous project/field engineering or project controls experience, preferred.
- Construction job scheduling and progress tracking experience, preferred.
- Heavy or highway construction experience, preferred.
- Experiencing working with DoD and FAA airfield projects, preferred.
- Ability to travel extensively (50-100%) in the future, preferred.
- High level of attention to detail, advanced organization, and effective communication skills are highly desired for this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 401(k) and bonus eligibility.
- Career growth and development in the growing and essential construction industry.
- A commitment to excellence and professionalism through building and supporting high-performing teams.
- An open, inclusive, and innovative family-owned business environment focused on training and safety for all employees.
About Hi-Way Paving
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is a general contractor in the highway and airfield construction industries, emphasizing projects that involve significant amounts of concrete paving.
We work primarily within a multi-state geographical territory defined by a 500-mile radius around Columbus, Ohio. We perform our services either as a prime contractor or as a subcontractor to other prime contractors, pursuant to principal contracts with federal, state, other governmental agencies and private owners.
Here at Hi-Way, we are do-ers, innovators and leaders in concrete paving and construction technology. As a team member, you’ll have the opportunity to build your career in the growing and essential construction industry and work on a team consistently recognized as one of the best in the industry.
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams from the job site to our Hilliard, Ohio headquarters. Learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity through this legal overview and supplement.
Hi-Way Paving, Inc.Charlotte, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.